I'm buying a new V-20!! What did everyone decide to go with for electronics?

I have pretty much decided to go with Lowrance, however, I am wondering what direction you all have gone in for graphs.

2. V20Eufaula
    I went with a flush mounted HDS 12 @ the bow and @ the console....If you really want to go all out...Go dual 12s @ the console!

Go with the Gen 3 units though (If available?)...The side key pad will be a nice compliment to the touch screen...

Lowrance all the way!
    Brooks Forsyth
    GET A LIMIT OUTDOORS
    Proudly representing these brands:
    Mercury Marine
    Lowrance, V&M Baits
    Enigma Fishing, Bob's Machine Shop
    Crossed Industries

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lilrider311 View Post
    Lowrance all the way!

5. Member
    I personally prefer Humminbirds! Easy to use and don't have to buy a lot of add-ons. Units come with everything you need.

6. Member
    Had a Lowrance HD touch on my last rig. Was pleased with the unit. I have now Humminbirds 1198 and 1157. Functionality may be on the Lowrance side a bit, however for ease of operation it's the Humminbirds by far. I don't think you can go wrong with either brand. Both very reliable.

7. Member
    2 lowrance hds 12's at console and 12 in bow for me!

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Here are a few Pictures of the BBT Dual mount for the V-20.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    I went with 2 HD 12's. 1 at console and 1 at the bow, both with BBT mounts installed at the factory. On a separate note, a friend of mine made a frame to raise both seats 2.5 inches higher as with the BBT console mount made it hard to see over it to the bow. I'm 5' 10 and had to stretch to see over the Lowrance console unit, especially when loading. Legend is making a booster frame to accommodate for the lower seats. The BBT mounts are excellent! I also put E Locks on the units replacing the regular knobs, to make theft a little more difficult.
    Love my V20!!

10. Member
    Attachment 154396 Here are my mounts.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by autigerz View Post
    Attachment 154396 Here are my mounts.
    If you don't mind me asking whose mount is it, what graph, how is your visibility of gauges, graph, and site. I see you have a V20. I have a 211R and am wondering if the consoles are the same size. Maybe someone can chine in on that. Thanks

12. Member
    Bass Boat Technologies mount (they are sponsors on the BBC boards and excellent to work with!)for both HD 12's. Very good visibility before and after I raised the seats. Gauges are easily seen too.

13. Precision Sonar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    I have pretty much decided to go with Lowrance, however, I am wondering what direction you all have gone in for graphs.

The Mounting system in the photos is by Precision Sonar Precision Sonar - Sonar Accessories, Classes & Tips Which has the most affordable and durable mounting system on the market.

If you are ordering a a V-20 I would suggest that you consider relocating the gauges like the photos show. Also as you can see looking from the console towards the back of the boat you can see how the units are positioned.

Check out the product video it goes into detail about the advantages this system offers over competitive products Precision Sonar - Sonar Accessories, Classes & Tips

The photos are of the Nashville Show boat that wow'ed folks and was the talk of the show.

Legend SxS 12's.jpg Legend V20.jpg Legend BMSB & PS B Plate Text.jpgLegend Custom Gauge Location.jpg Legend Gauge right view.jpg
    Last edited by rkylake; 02-01-2015 at 10:45 PM.

Precision Sonar & Outdoors
    Home of the Patented Smart Bracket Console Mounting System
    email: ryank@precisionsonar.com
    phone: 270-703-6133

14. Member
    Anything but ram mounts and you should be good. If funds where not limited Id get 2 big screens one front and back then a graph of my liking just for maps at console
    Nitro z21

15. Member
    Flush mounted birds. 1198 in the back and 998 in the front. I prefer flush mounting them if you have the space and linking them together. Flush mounting just looks better to me rather than bolting or strapping stuff on.
    Johnny
    "Short Brown & Round"

Sun Tropic Outdoors & Shooting Team

16. Member
    Ok is the 211R console the same as a V20? Or does anyone have a picture of a single mount of a 1198 or similar graph on a 211R? I just don't want to purchase something I am going to be disappointed in. Either answer should give me what I need. Thanks.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rkylake View Post
    The Mounting system in the photos is by Precision Sonar Precision Sonar - Sonar Accessories, Classes & Tips Which has the most affordable and durable mounting system on the market.

If you are ordering a a V-20 I would suggest that you consider relocating the gauges like the photos show. Also as you can see looking from the console towards the back of the boat you can see how the units are positioned.

Check out the product video it goes into detail about the advantages this system offers over competitive products Precision Sonar - Sonar Accessories, Classes & Tips

The photos are of the Nashville Show boat that wow'ed folks and was the talk of the show.

Legend SxS 12's.jpg Legend V20.jpg Legend BMSB & PS B Plate Text.jpgLegend Custom Gauge Location.jpg Legend Gauge right view.jpg
    These are pictures of my V20 and I could not be happier with how the system came together on my boat. First and foremost, I am not sponsored or paid by Precision Sonar and bought the product just like everyone else. I had never met Randy until becoming a customer. That said, the craftsmanship and attention to detail is of the highest caliber you will find in the business. I spent a lot of time studying mounting options in the market. After several months of shopping, I determined that Precision Sonar had the mounting options and quality that I was looking for. Not only will it work on any brand of electronics but the overall quality of the mount is the best out of them all. The mount puts the 12's at my fingertips and have complete flexibility on the angle I want. No more sun glare! The other big selling factor for me was that it reduces vibration over using a ram mount or the factory bracket. It is rock solid!! If you are in the market for the absolute best mounting system for your electronics, you owe it to yourself to check out Precision Sonar and watch their product videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrade Fishing View Post
    These are pictures of my V20 and I could not be happier with how the system came together on my boat. First and foremost, I am not sponsored or paid by Precision Sonar and bought the product just like everyone else. I had never met Randy until becoming a customer. That said, the craftsmanship and attention to detail is of the highest caliber you will find in the business. I spent a lot of time studying mounting options in the market. After several months of shopping, I determined that Precision Sonar had the mounting options and quality that I was looking for. Not only will it work on any brand of electronics but the overall quality of the mount is the best out of them all. The mount puts the 12's at my fingertips and have complete flexibility on the angle I want. No more sun glare! The other big selling factor for me was that it reduces vibration over using a ram mount or the factory bracket. It is rock solid!! If you are in the market for the absolute best mounting system for your electronics, you owe it to yourself to check out Precision Sonar and watch their product videos.
    Sorry, after posting my response above, I realized that I was signed in under the company's user name and not my personal one. My apologizes.
    2016 Legend V20
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Lowrance HDS Touch 12's on Precision Sonar Dual Mounting System
    Twin 8' Blades
    NightFishion Extreme Rub Rail System

19. Member
    One awesome ride