150 XR6 WARNING HORN

150 XR6 SER# 1B042528 THE WARNING HORN BEEPS ONLY WHEN CROSSING ROUGH WATER. IT NEVER BEEPS WHEN RUNNING ON CALM WATER. THE OIL TANK ON THE MOTOR IS FULL,AND THE LARGE TANK INSIDE THE BOAT IS OVER HALF FULL. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS CAUSING MY PROBLEM? THANKS FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS.

2. Banned

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'd be looking for:

-Loose grounds (especially the ones for the Oil Warning Module, that attach ON TOP of the cylinder block)

-Melted, nicked, bare or damaged wires for the STB Temp Sensor

-Loose Cannon-Plug connector (dirty, poorly connected, or pins closed up too far).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    I FOUND THE PROBLEM, THERE WAS A BARE SPOT ON THE TEMP SENSOR. I HAVENT RUN IT YET ,BUT IM PRETTY SURE AFTER I TAPE UP THE WIRE IT WILL BE OK. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, DON.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That would certainly cause the problem, if the bare portion of wire came into contact with any metal (ground) portion of the engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor