Thread: 3 Fish Limits

3 Fish Limits

Looks like our club will vote on having all UPPER BAY Tournaments 3 fish limits, It should pass and I hope others will consider. Only if we could get the larger events to follow. Steve M

2. Member
    I've been wondering why more tx don't have less fish limits. Some tx here in Pa have 6 fish limits per 2 fishermen. I think its absolutely crazy. I don't see a need for more than a 4 fish limit at most and that would be for 2men. We have a thurs eve tx here every week and its a 2 fish deal and that works very well. The amount of dead fish is almost nothing. And you don displace so many fish either. I feel if you have a couple in the bucket its better for the fish and if you cull the fish have a better chance to survive. I'm all about dropping these limits. It could really do good for the flats since there's so many tx weekly
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...Phil 4:13

3. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Great Steve! We've done the same in our club - 3 fish limit. We need to pull together as fishermen, clubs, organizations, and trails to help protect our fishery. Please pass the word to your club that we are on board in doing the same and tell everyone thanks!!
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50