Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Breaking up with you, it's not you, it's me....

"One of the more recognizable angler-sponsor relationships in pro bass fishing circles may have run its course as Aaron Martens and Megabass appear to have parted ways after 17 years. Both sides have been mum on the topic, but signs are pointing to a change.

Questions started to arise about Martens’ future with Megabass last week after a press release put out by the company highlighting its expanded sponsorship of Elite Series angler Chris Zaldain failed to mention Martens as part of its 2015 pro staff – Luke Clausen, Edwin Evers, Randy Blaukat were listed.

Megabass is no longer listed as a sponsor on Martens’ website or Facebook page. A Jan. 22 post on Martens’ Facebook page linking to his latest Bassmaster blog was met with a reader question about his status with Megabass. Martens replied, “Stay tuned…”

If the two parties have, in fact, decided to go in different directions, it will mark the end of a lengthy partnership that saw Martens become the face of the Japanese premium tackle maker in the U.S. market. As other sponsors came and went through Martens’ Elite Series career, Megabass remained a constant as he rose to stardom and became a two-time Elite Series Angler of the Year. "

I wonder if they decided to spend their sponsorship money by having a larger pro staff of less expensive anglers and to do this they had to cut one of their more highly paid angler from the team?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    Pro staff = huge waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I wonder if they decided to spend their sponsorship money by having a larger pro staff of less expensive anglers and to do this they had to cut one of their more highly paid angler from the team?
    Thats what Guido Hibdon said one of his sponsors told him.
    Last edited by RANGER487; 01-28-2015 at 12:09 PM.

5. Member
    I am just trying to understand why Megabass would hang onto Randy Blaukat and snip off Aaron. Oh well it's their business!
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkwallet View Post
    It most certainly generates money, I'm sure the revenues versus the sponsorship are more than significant on the long run.

7. Banned
    Hummmm interesting. Aaron martens is mega bass. Aaron was also one of the few guys that said he used a bait because if such and such I actually believed. Curious to see how this turns out.

8. Member
    Actually you're wrong...
    These guys are made to sell, from home made videos online to blog articles, fans listen and can be convinced...

A 10$ rod can catch just as many fish, but there's a million reasons why and how a MB Rod is better, just ask any fan boy or prostaff.
    Shawn.D
    2015 Phoenix 618pro w/ 150 Evinrude Etec HO

Quote Originally Posted by Ratltrap View Post
    I am just trying to understand why Megabass would hang onto Randy Blaukat and snip off Aaron. Oh well it's their business!
    They don't make 3" finesse worms?
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

10. Member
    Tell strike king, nitro boats , and quantum that. Kvd made them.

11. Member
    Why pay for one when you can get 5 at the same cost?

12. Member
    As my understanding it was Aaron who left not Megabass for the snip.
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/theadamsprojectfly
    Instagram: theadamsproject

13. Banned
    MEGABASS AND AARON MARTENS PART WAYS AFTER 17 YEARS
    Megabass gives thanks to a pillar of their US efforts

January 28, 2015

Megabass of America, the US arm of Japan’s foremost innovator of premium fishing tackle, confirmed today that after 17 years, Megabass’ title sponsorship of Aaron Martens is ending.

“While we are of course disappointed that our professional relationship will not continue in 2015, we certainly understand Aaron’s decision to pursue a new business opportunity,” said Yuskei Murayama, Vice President of Megabass of America. “Aaron is one of the most gifted anglers of his time, and it is no surprise to us that a fledgling brand would invest heavily in his services.”

Partnered with Megabass since his early days on the West Coast circuits, Martens has quickly risen to the top of the national stage. With two Bassmaster AOY titles, three U.S. Open Championships, and multiple victories to his name, Aaron has solidified himself as one of the most consistent, talented, and feared anglers on Tour.

“In many ways, we would not be where we are today without Aaron,” said Murayama, “so we wish to take this opportunity to give thanks for the whole-hearted dedication, passion, and expertise Aaron has shared with us these past 17 years. Megabass is certainly better for it, and will continue to strive to make the kind of equipment that elevates our anglers to ever-greater success. We wish Aaron the best in this next chapter of his career.”

I think Aaron's crybaby mentalityis catching up with him. With the birth of so many great anglers in the past 5 or so years is going to be hard for guys like Aaron to have the high paying sponsers. He's a great fisherman but not that good of a salesperson my opinion and not liked by most of the young anglers. I think this was megabass's doing and I think they are making a good decision. My opinion!

15. Banned
    It's their money

16. Banned
    Read the release folks. Martens made the decision to leave MB, not MB cutting ties with Martens...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Sounds like a great chance for me step up and become a 30%er!! How do you say i want to become Pro Staff in Japanese?
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

18. Member
    Jake will be by go give y'all the "real story" shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by bradjames12 View Post
    Read the release folks. Martens made the decision to leave MB, not MB cutting ties with Martens...
    There's got to be more to the story. Nobody is going to just walk away from one the largest sponsers in bass fishing. I'm sure more will come out soon.

20. Member
    The news was confirmed today on the Megabass site at 13:57.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast