Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

MercMonitor/Smartcraft "Mod" Tip for January

Compliments of one of our customers- who "thought IN-side the box":

For those who purchased or are running a Smartcraft System (WITH an air temp sensor)- you can actually relocate the AIR TEMP sensor (in it's nicely sealed holder) to your LIVEWELL.

Simply place the sensor high in the livewell (about 1" below your target water level), and extend the two wires for the air temp sensor to reach the new location.

You can then use the AIR TEMP reading on your Smartcraft Instrument, to read LIVEWELL temp.

This thread has been added to the "Commonly Asked- Commonly Used" sticky... under "Smartcraft" section.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 01-27-2015 at 05:29 AM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thats a pretty clever idea.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Member
    Bumping this back up since I am about to do this. Don I don't guess you happen to have an extension for this type of thing do you? I prefer not to cut the wires and heat shrink

4. Member
    Very good idea!!
    Champion 206
    250XB

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M4A1 View Post
    Bumping this back up since I am about to do this. Don I don't guess you happen to have an extension for this type of thing do you? I prefer not to cut the wires and heat shrink
    I do not.

It's a relatively standard 2-wire connector (OR, you can make the extension between the connector and the temp sensor, so that worst case- you're replacing ONLY the sensor in the future).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor