Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john5915 View Post
    Egladding, i just got a zv18 also but i cant get more than 47 out of mine with a 200 verado, what is your setup if you dont mind me asking
    It's the stock 18p SS enertia prop that came on it. I also run the St. Lawrence river which has a 3-5 mph current. It will still run 48-49 upriver into the wind on GPS, full tank, full livewells, full gear. Same scenario down river 50-51 gps, but 53 if the waves are 2-3ft.

2. Member
    I also haven't messed with the jackplate either. I will look at it Monday(next day off) to see where it is set at for you.

3. Member
    I also run the 200 optimax. The Optis are supposed to be 1-3 mph faster. I also forgot to mention I can troll up river with the opti at 1.5mph.

Well I pulled the boat home on Thursday, and I am starting rigging, TD placement this week, will not be out on the water till Monday for a warm up run. Tried to post pics, site will not take my phone shots, so I will have to use my camera on Monday

5. Member
    Thanks, i have tried running my jackplate up to 1 1/4 high with no improvement. I think i could use a larger pitch prop, this boat leaps out of the hole. Great boat so far otyer than the noisy, rattling merc prop, they say it is designed that way, i dont like it.

[IMG]IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/5b4j74.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
    Well thought that would work????/ no pic yet

Quote Originally Posted by deepsky View Post
    [http://i58.tinypic.com/5b4j74.jpg]
    Uploaded the link in another window. Good looking boat!
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX

Nitro zv21.jpg

Here ya' go!
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX

I like how they do the lettering it looks like race numbers and you will like the fenders with those steps.
    http://www.scvwl.com
    2013 Ranger 620VS Yamaha 250 and Yamaha 9.9 kicker

10. Member
    Well my ZV18 got stolen last night and recovered within 3 hours. I was lucky but the guy had the motor off already, all cables and fuel lines were cut off, and the motor had been dropped to the ground. Looks like mostly surface damage to the motor, scratches and such. The insurance agent (progressive) assures all will be back to "new" condition or replaced. Looks like all my gear(about $3500) was recovered. All my electronics were recovered also. It should take about 15 days to get the boat released from the police department and then hopefully as long as the scratches on the hull are superficial it shouldn't take too long to get back out on the water.

11. Member
    Deepsky,
    What is your opinion of your boat now that you owned it for a month or so?

TJ sorry for the late reply, been busy. Spent a week on the water with her at Dale Hollow and was impressed. I have been on quite a few boats, and I must say that this is the first time I have felt like I was in command of the water, and not the water of me. Foolhearty, I know, but that is how powerful this boat feels. Heavy footprint, quick on plane, no spray whatsoever. She is suited for more than 250hp, but it moves her very well. Top end was 56mph with 1/2 tank, and two people. I think a prop change would do better.

The only critisizem is she wallowed with 6 people, and a skier in tow, until she was on plane. Sounds funny, but she wanted to jump to 3000rpm, and 30mph, like a horse being bridled. This rig could handle 350HP, and is rated for it. I may get a wild hair and sell one of the kids, but really thats a lot of $$$ for a few MPH, but torque added might be worth it.
    As far as fit, and finnish. I will match it to any other BB maker out there. This rig is a head turner inside, and out. Even women wow at it. I guess that sums it a bit., The other parts fo the rig, ONIX, MK TM, I-Link, are exceptional add ons. more on that later....

My cousin has one with the 350. He gets a new ZV 21 every spring and sells in the fall. With the 350 the best he's seen is 67.X with a 22 Bravo I FS. Nice boat deep sky! Beauty of a rig.
    2016 Alumacraft 165 Classic with 50hp Yamaha. 80# Terrova w/US2

2021 Nitro ZV20 300 Pro XS 15 Pro Kicker Lowrance and Terrova

Quote Originally Posted by deepsky View Post
    [IMG]IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/5b4j74.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
    Love the boat , I'm thinking of ordering one just like it , I'm going to get the 350 but I don't need kicker and want to order it with a couple of 12 ft talons . And was wondering does this boat need trim tabs and did you get a stereo on yours ? I have a custom golf cart that is an exact match of your colors .

My cousin has had 4 or 5 new ZV21's...the last two with the 350. He gets trim tabs. He views them as a need, but it's up to you.
    2016 Alumacraft 165 Classic with 50hp Yamaha. 80# Terrova w/US2

2021 Nitro ZV20 300 Pro XS 15 Pro Kicker Lowrance and Terrova

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12