Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Ordering new Nitro ZV 21

I have been reading and following the threads on this site for a while, and thought I would enlighten some folks here with the Nitro ZV 21. I am ordering a new ZV 21 in 2 weeks, and I will walk you thru the ordeal. This way everyone has the absolute correct picture about this one of a kind boat.
    I can tell you at present the package is as follows. ZV 21, Mercury Pro XS 250, Minn Cota 112, 36v, 60" w/I-Link, Hummingbird ONIX 10SI dash, walk-thru winshield, tank/bracket for 15hp kicker, extra fishing seat, custom paint, keel guard, remote oil tank. I will give you the price when I sign for the order, and I will provide pics along the way. Hold on to your hats kiddies, this is going to be a sweet, tetosterone filled ride...................deepsky

Sweet. They're nice rigs. You're going to love it on Erie if you go there. I've fished some big, rough water in a Nitro and it was great. If they would have put the ski pylon in the 21 like they did the 18, I would have probably gotten a Nitro instead of the Reata. But I have to be able to pull double duty with the fam.
    2016 Alumacraft 165 Classic with 50hp Yamaha. 80# Terrova w/US2

2021 Nitro ZV20 300 Pro XS 15 Pro Kicker Lowrance and Terrova

Sam,
    I am going to push for a pylon for the same reason, but I think the size of the livewell interferes with it. I may do a hull plate in the storage areas myself if they say no. There is a picture on their website of the ZV 18, and the tow pylon attachment in the floor, looks solid, and I might try to reproduce that.

5. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by deepsky View Post
    Sam,
    I am going to push for a pylon for the same reason, but I think the size of the livewell interferes with it. I may do a hull plate in the storage areas myself if they say no. There is a picture on their website of the ZV 18, and the tow pylon attachment in the floor, looks solid, and I might try to reproduce that.
    Which pic are you talking about? The only pic I've seen is pylon placement in the 18 behind the live well...the 18 live well has a divider across the top for reinforcement of the pylon.

Nice rig I seen one of those pass by me this fall on the mississippi it looked nice. Kind of like my 620. I have a ski pylon in mine it sits in a cup similar to the seat post hole in the floor and has 2 outriggers that pin near the splash well. You might want to look at the ranger setup to see if you can get that in the nitro.
    http://www.scvwl.com
    2013 Ranger 620VS Yamaha 250 and Yamaha 9.9 kicker

8. Member
    Here is mine
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Enjoy the new rig

Thanks for the accolades, and advice. I will attempt to smooch the dealer in Cincinnati, to place one,but may have to do the surgical work myself. Ive seen the outrigger model,and that would work if home done.The ZV 18 has a glassed in socket in the hull, that excepts the post from above. But it looks as if the livewell was moved foward to accomodate the socket. Im sure there is a glass guy some where that can help me. Maybe adapting a slightly bigger post in the floor in front of livewell, and glass it in the hull, and brace it to the floor?
    Only would let a pro do it though, not playing backyard glass man with a boat that costs that much. About two weeks, and counting until the faucet opens, and the order gets placed. I cannot wait!!!

Nice boat, makes a man have to fish is he's driving that thru the marina. good luck!

Yes, I will be doing Erie, hopefully in time for the spring bite!

Lucky duck!

You're in luck, Mercury just announced the new Pro Verado 350. You can go to 400 if you get the Race version. There's a guy in MN who had the 350 racing verado on his ZV-21 last year and saw 67.X on his GPS before he ran out of lake...he was light weight, 2 guys...so she'll scoot. Do it!

http://www.wboy.com/story/28094224/m...gines-in-miami

15. Member
    Any pictures or price information yet? Progress with the ski pylon?

^ yeah...what he said!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Double o View Post
    Here is mine
    Nice rig, what size motor? Could you post some real world performance numbers?

Well, to update everyone, the Nitro was delayed a little, then alot(by myself), but I pick her up 5/26 @ 1130. So, I will be posting pics here in the next couple days. Need to put my touches on her then off to Dale Hollow for a week, can't wait

19. Member
    Awesome! I got my ZV18 last week and couldn't be happier. She loves rough water. It will do 50-51 on a calm day but seems to like to run better(53) in 2-3ft waves with whitecaps!

20. Member
    Egladding, i just got a zv18 also but i cant get more than 47 out of mine with a 200 verado, what is your setup if you dont mind me asking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast