Cannot find the serial number to my 200 black max 2.5l anywhere!

Hey guys! I can't find the serial number to this motor for the life of me. I've look EVERYWHERE that the sticky in this thread says to look, and i cannot find it at all. Any ideas? On the registration, it has the number on the sticker to the (what I'm assuming) is the PCM. I would've thought that the registration would have the actual serial number, but i guess it doesn't.

2. Banned
    so you've looked here

and here on a welsh plug

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Look for the two locations that Charles referenced above.

If no serial numbers appear in either location, something is likely "fishy"... there are very few (appropriate) reasons for BOTH serial number markings to be MISSING from the engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Where is that welsh plug located exactly? i didn't see a plug like that anywhere. the sticker on the swivel mount isn't there. i've looked all over that thing.

(Sorry i put this in the wrong forum! I thought i clicked on the high performance forum! haha)

5. Banned
    You might have to remove the lower cowl and look lower to see it, depends on the motor. BUT there should be ONE somewhere on that motor.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    On some models... the welch plug was located ATOP the engine block. In some cases, it may be hidden below (or behind) the electrical plate.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    This Black Max hangs on a 1983 Champion 184 fish n ski. The stickers make the engine appear to be a 175 Black Max. The ONLY number's on the tag, read, "Serial Number # A179335". So what is it?

8. Member
    Top of motor, toward rear, between head and flywheel, slightly to starboard
    90 Shadow 20' Mod V w/ 200 Merc - Total resto and loving it!
    Here's my build from cap-off to boat in the water.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=336645