Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    There is no on off switch on my pedal that I know of. May batteries last all year. Never had a problem.
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by sodaksker View Post
    There is no on off switch on my pedal that I know of. May batteries last all year. Never had a problem.
    You turn the pedal on by pressing and holding the the anchor button until you hear 1 beep. You turn it off by pressing the anchor button again until you hear 2 beeps.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

It doesn't happen to all of them.
    I used the same batteries for 2 years.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Liked mine a lot on my last boat especially paired w/ Lowrance
    2015 Legend V20
    250 ProXS
    Lowrance HDSLIVE 12s/16
    BBC Member since 2003

5. Member
    I went a year and a half with my foot pedal batteries before I replaced them just to be safe.

I had my Xi5 on my Tracker 185. Just bought a different boat that had a good Fortrex on it and much better Lowrance electronics than I had before. With the new Lowrances on the new boat I took the Xi5 off my old boat and put it on the new one. The spot lock feature just works and I did not want to be without it. That and the compatability with Lowrance made it a no brainer for my situation.
    I agree it can make quick movements sometimes and the heading lock does not hold exactly true all the time but the spot lock lets me "anchor" next to grass beds I like to fish. The jog feature lets me work around them from any angle without ever coming out of anchor mode.
    When I use it shallow in place of poles, I put my nose pointing offshore and fish from the back. This helps with keeping the prop wash from hitting where I'm fishing.

All that being said, I've considered selling both the Xi5 and the Fortrex and getting a new Ultrex. I like the remote and the foot pedal on the Ultrex way better. I do like the wireless feature of the MG pedal though. It's nice to put the pedal anywhere on the boat with no wires to get tangled in or trip over. Also without the steering cable its much cleaner on the deck than the Fortrex which I really like.

6. Member
    If I remember right the foot pedal times out and shuts itself off even if you didn't use the anchor button to turn it of manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    Do you turn the pedal off after you are done fishing? A set of batteries has lasted all year in my pedal.
    Yes I turned the pedal off every time but somehow it still drained the batteries. Now I just turn off the switch I installed and haven’t needed to replace them since.

8. #FRB
    How are y'all calibrating the jog control? I've looked in the manual numerous times and haven't seen anything about calibrating it. If I could get jog control to work like I think it should I'd probably never use the pedal. And I can navigate stump fields way more accurately with the remote.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Does a Point 1 make a difference when using the XI-5 spot lock?
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by e-tec View Post
    Does a Point 1 make a difference when using the XI-5 spot lock?

No but it helps you know where to cast when looking at a map.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    How are y'all calibrating the jog control? I've looked in the manual numerous times and haven't seen anything about calibrating it. If I could get jog control to work like I think it should I'd probably never use the pedal. And I can navigate stump fields way more accurately with the remote.
    If there is a way to calibrate it I would like to know. I just learned which direction each button moves the boat and use it accordingly. Once you have it down you can move the boat to where you want easily. I haven't even turned on my foot pedal (rocker switch mod) in a couple of months.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mark482vs View Post
    Have a good friend who has MK verison of this for sale only has a few total hours maybe 2 or so . just hated it that much.
    So he is the one guy who doesn't like it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I'd have to check my manual but the only thing I vaguely remember was something about having to point the head strait forward for some reason. I'll check.

BTW, my jog works flawlessly. It's one of my favorite features for the way I fish grass. You can really pick places apart with anchor and jog.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cojab View Post
    I'd have to check my manual but the only thing I vaguely remember was something about having to point the head strait forward for some reason. I'll check.

BTW, my jog works flawlessly. It's one of my favorite features for the way I fish grass. You can really pick places apart with anchor and jog.
    There is a step in the setup section where you point the unit to face forward and set it. I did that but it didn’t have any effect on jog. Maybe I will try that again.
    Last edited by zelmo; 11-13-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123