WILL THIS JUMPSTART MY 225 OPTI IF NEEDED?

Amazon.com: PowerAll (PBJS12000-R) 400 Amp All-In-One Link Depot Battery Jump Starter with LED Flash Light: Automotive
    thinking about buying one to keep in the car/truck in winter and in the boat during fishing season.. what yall think? I know they will easily jump a truck.. it will start a 6.6 diesel if it is not completely dead...we use them at work all the time!!!
    2017 JACKSON BIG RIG BLUEFIN, POWER POLE MICRO, LOWRANCE ELITE 7ti..
    2017 NUCANOE FRONTIER12, SEADEK FLOORING.
    BLUE SKY BOATWORKS ANGLER 360 (coming in june)
    ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
    |
    |
    ¿ <º))))))><

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Depending on how heavily discharged your cranking battery is- Yes.

That being said... you should AVOID jump-starting your engine (you should ALWAYS begin EVERY boating outing with a FULLY-CHARGED, Properly-Rated Battery).

http://www.bbcboards.net/mercury-3-l...ed-6-14-a.html

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I agree with trying your best to avoid jump starting your battery but even with a brand new battery you can never tell what is going to happen .. I have seen a few batteries have a cell go bad and them not even be a month old.. what would you do if you were in a situation where your battery took a crap on ya? Im not trying to argue just trying to figure it out for myself
    2017 JACKSON BIG RIG BLUEFIN, POWER POLE MICRO, LOWRANCE ELITE 7ti..
    2017 NUCANOE FRONTIER12, SEADEK FLOORING.
    BLUE SKY BOATWORKS ANGLER 360 (coming in june)
    ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
    |
    |
    ¿ <º))))))><

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bryce600rr View Post
    I agree with trying your best to avoid jump starting your battery but even with a brand new battery you can never tell what is going to happen .. I have seen a few batteries have a cell go bad and them not even be a month old.. what would you do if you were in a situation where your battery took a crap on ya? Im not trying to argue just trying to figure it out for myself
    Well since you asked, I would simply jump start off of one of my trolling motor batteries . Then I would take the $99 dollars saved from not buying the PowerAll, and by more tackle.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1... or invest the $99 towards a better battery, or battery charger.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    +1... or invest the $99 towards a better battery, or battery charger.
    +2.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Member
    I dunno.... I see 12,000 mAh and the fact that it recharges via a usb cable. It may power up your cell phone to call for help but crankin' an outboard... I don't think so. The thing weighs 3/4's of a pound 12.8 oz. Convert the 12000 mAh to amp hours it comes out 12 aH. I'm no expert(however... I did stay at the Holiday Inn last night) but I don't see something weighing in at 12.8oz cranking an outboard. 400 peak amp... Mmmmm... 400 amp output for 1.2 seconds or would that be .12 seconds?

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Definitely agree... it's certainly not a substitute for an appropriately rated, fully-charged cranking battery.

9. Member
    well.....this one starts a 6L chevy. also rated @ 400amps

GB30 12V Lithium Jump Starter | NOCO Genius

makes me wonder if they're rated differently than a 'starting' battery
    2003 520VX 225 Optimax

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by civicrr View Post

makes me wonder if they're rated differently than a 'starting' battery
    ABSOLUTELY rated very differently. Starting batteries are rated at 32 degrees F (CA Capacity) or Zero Degrees F (CCA).

11. Member
    To be fair... I read the reviews of this on Amazon. Of 107 reviews there may have been around 6 or so negative reviews with many claiming multiple jump starts on dead batteries from a single charge. That said... I make a lot of online purchases and consequently read a lot of reviews. The reviews on this product are dubious at best!