Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Ultera (trolling motor)

Anyone got one yet or have one on order . Mine will be ordered tomorrow when the T M guy comes back from break .

2. Member
    This is a brand new line? Or a MG. Or MK. Model?
    2009 Z8 -2013 250 PRO XS-Dual 10' Power Pole Blades-Humminbird 1198,1197,998-MG 109-

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Thomas View Post
    This is a brand new line? Or a MG. Or MK. Model?
    Minn Kota.

Took a chance on Terrova with I-pilot when they first came out 5yrs later nothing but reliable so I will be getting one. Have you seen the new micro remote?

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

Have not seen micro remote , if it's any smaller than the regular one I couldn't read it anyway .

6. Member
    They are not "out" on the market yet, but should be shipping soon. I'm taking pre orders if anyone is interested.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

7. Member
    I'd like to get a new Ulterra or the Terrova but I've been told that the cable from lss1 transducer I'd be putting on the motor is to big to go thru the designated slot-groove that is up near the top housing. has anyone here had dealings with that matter?

8. Member
    I understand Lowrance cables will not go thru the shaft and bracket slot, Hummingbird does. I have a Terrova with HB.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

I would definitely buy from JTM but I live down the street from my Minnkota service guy . He said there was a FCC hold on the 36v,
    but they will be out soon as JTM says . ( have no idea what a FCC hold is )

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    I understand Lowrance cables will not go thru the shaft and bracket slot, Hummingbird does. I have a Terrova with HB.
    Makes sense... MinnKota is owned by Johnson Outdoors...who also is the parent company of Humminbird and Lakemaster....among other outdoor gear related companies.
    2009 Z8 -2013 250 PRO XS-Dual 10' Power Pole Blades-Humminbird 1198,1197,998-MG 109-

11. Member
    It's a coincidence that the Humminbird transducer wire goes through the transmission -- it wasn't made that way. When MinnKota started engineering the Terrova, the Ulterra was in mind -- kinda like the old Genesis. The trim and auto stow/deploy is operated by a belt that uses the "slot" to run in. It just happens the slot is wide and deep enough for the Humminbird cable (which is smaller than the Lowrance cable) to go through. On the Ulterra, it's not going to happen cause the belt will be in that slot.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    It's a coincidence that the Humminbird transducer wire goes through the transmission -- it wasn't made that way. When MinnKota started engineering the Terrova, the Ulterra was in mind -- kinda like the old Genesis. The trim and auto stow/deploy is operated by a belt that uses the "slot" to run in. It just happens the slot is wide and deep enough for the Humminbird cable (which is smaller than the Lowrance cable) to go through. On the Ulterra, it's not going to happen cause the belt will be in that slot.
    John
    Oh boy either a chance for a new product to hit the market to run that cable or a giant negative in the reviews when it does come out.

13. Member
    Cant wait to see it and hear some real feedback from guys!

Do we know if the motor is quieter than the Terrova? That seems to be the biggest negative that I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by LarsenNET View Post
    Do we know if the motor is quieter than the Terrova? That seems to be the biggest negative that I have read.
    If you know someone who dives they will tell you your graphs running in shallow water make twice as much noise as the Terrova underwater.

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    They are not "out" on the market yet, but should be shipping soon. I'm taking pre orders if anyone is interested.
    John
    When they come out with a saltwater version I'll take 2.

I'll keep my old fashioned TM till its shot! shoot lost a few lures, but after a few cell phones, couple pliers, even a favorite rod n reel and set of keys.. I stay away from small things while in boat.. Heck remote TV control at home moseys around and hides at times

Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    I'll keep my old fashioned TM till its shot! shoot lost a few lures, but after a few cell phones, couple pliers, even a favorite rod n reel and set of keys.. I stay away from small things while in boat.. Heck remote TV control at home moseys around and hides at times
    The remote comes with a belt-loop style lanyard as well as one that goes around your neck if you want to wear it that way. I use the belt loop style, and my remote doesn't leave my body til I'm on the trailer and packing up. Then under the driver's seat it goes.

I also am looking forward to reviews on the Ulterra.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

19. Member
    Getting ready to order one for a buddy.. Looking around for the best pricing via BBC sponsors.. Sent JTM a PM already but wondering who else to ask..

20. Banned
    I had mine for about 2 weeks but haven't opened the box its a 45in/80 24 volt with all the bells and whistles. Just found out they have a $80 rebate so guess ill open the box. Have a second one on order 60in 36 volt not here yet been told next month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast