Boy are they slow

I am 100% and filed for dependent pay for the wife. I know its only
    a hundred or so more, but damn , it was suppose to be done in June of this year. we have sent in all the paper work they asked for
    No its over 6 months and when I check on the site, it says, Waiting Approval .

Can never get though on the phone to them and my Rep. at the DAV seems to be on Vacation every time I call.
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

2. Banned
    So why wasn't she on your form when you filed for disability?? Or did you get married after you filed?

3. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    That seems like a long time, mine went right through. Good thing is that it's all retro.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Dude View Post
    So why wasn't she on your form when you filed for disability?? Or did you get married after you filed?
    Got married after I filed !
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

5. Banned
    Ahhhh - course like Don said, it's retro.

6. Member
    They stop my dependent pay in January 2013 when he turned 18, while still in high school. I filed a claim in February 2013. Now he's in his 2nd year of collage now and I'm still waiting approval. Trouble getting thru to VA also.
    1987 Procraft 1780V, 150 Mercury XR2 Blackmax and now a 2021 Ranger Z185, 150 Pro XS.

DAV / U.S. Army 88-91.

It will take 6-9 months.. Unbelievable but its the VA and the times..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

Dang. Well, i guess when they owe you money, they take their sweet time. But when you owe them money, they make sure and snach it up right out from under you. I would call your congressional office and have them do a congressional inquiry. usually that puts a little pep in their step.

9. Member
    I filed my dependant claim Feb 2014. I have been to VA regional office several times. Last visit Dec 2014 Spoken to VA personal directly. Stated my claim is in process. Problem with VA computer system. With the transition of all records to new automatic system. No worries they tell me back pay on benefits. I am 100 percent. Government does everything it can to delay. But if you owe next day at your bank account collecting.