Thread: Hull Design

Hull Design

It's been very dead around here for awhile now so here goes...............years ago when I was a young man the Bee was the boat to have! Our local dealer was the place to hang out and life was good! How bout a history lesson on the hull design..........and which hull design does it most resemble today? The V series that is........

2. Member
    Just tired of reading and hearing about the Nitro and Rangers of the world........oh well I tried..........Merry Christmas y'all!

3. Member
    I would like to know the history of the Bee as well, I've looked and can not find anything prior Phoenix.

4. Member
    Good question on hull design......Phoenix is not it in my opinion. It is just not as deep of a V ! As far as history - many of the old timers an tell the story better than Me. I bought mine in 1999 as Bumble Bee was already in decline. They really went down in the early 2000s. The Bumble Bee Hay day was the late 80s and early 90's in my opinion. Bullet is probably the closest to the Bee made today and they are getting very rare too.

Other guys will have different opinions on each of my comments I'm sure. I hope they will speak their mind and we can all learn something?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBee99 View Post
    Good question on hull design......Phoenix is not it in my opinion. It is just not as deep of a V ! As far as history - many of the old timers an tell the story better than Me. I bought mine in 1999 as Bumble Bee was already in decline. They really went down in the early 2000s. The Bumble Bee Hay day was the late 80s and early 90's in my opinion. Bullet is probably the closest to the Bee made today and they are getting very rare too.

Other guys will have different opinions on each of my comments I'm sure. I hope they will speak their mind and we can all learn something?

6. Member
    Add a 2100, it was similar to a Bullet, Ally or Blazer. The pad and deep angle. The Phoenix hull design has nothing to do with Bee's. They bought the old plant and made the Beeline until there new design was ready.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

They didn't change the Bee's much. As far as design goes. What they did do is add weight and strength. It slowed them down a lot from their hay day. My boat isn't any different in design from looks than a 200 pro vee from the early 90s but you cut a hole in the deck and you start to see where the differences are..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

8. Member
    Awesome guy's keep em coming! Myself I've got history with Hydrasport, Stratos and Skeeter........I've only had my Bee since October and I'm still getting used to it.......to me so far mine handles like some of the larger Stratos models.

What year is your boat? Model?
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    What year is your boat? Model?
    2007, Pro Vee

11. Member
    I got me some Hydrasport history too. Kevlar construction was tough as nails. I had a 1985 VL 175 w an XR-2 150 Mercury. That Mercury ran like it had a cam suited for the dragstrip and it would run 70 with two guys in it. Nothing but the prop in the water when it really hooked up!!!

12. Member
    They do sorta look like a bullet hull..i know my 93 180 feels a little lighter than my buddies 97 I know you don't chop the throttle over 70 LOL