Thread: Tony Romo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tony Romo

#1 ranked QB for the year..I've said all along, give that guy an O line and he is an elite QB. And he's doing it with a broke back..

2. Member
    Agreed!
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Yepper ... posted yesterday that he passed Aikman in passing yards in the same number of years and this one ain't over yet. Not bad for a QB that hasn't had a O line until this year. DeMarco Murray is also about to pass Emmitt Smith's rushing record. Only likes 30yds.

Don`t be hatin WB

Give anybody an O line and there an elite QB, almost anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by AceBassPro View Post
    Give anybody an O line and there an elite QB, almost anybody.
    I don't agree with that. It takes talent, he has it. He passed Aikman in passing yards with no O line for many years. Most of Aikmans years he had a great O line.
    Aikman also had one of the greatest receivers to play the game.

8. Member
    Hold the hand out and count the rings, kinda reminds me of Danny White , but who knows he may prove me wrong.

It's a TEAM sport, no, Romo doesn't have any rings but he hasn't had any good teams till now.
    There's a lot of shitty QB'S with rings. There's a lot of elite QB'S without rings. I don't define an elite QB by the number of rings. Peyton Manning is one of the best to ever play the position, he has only 1in 3 trips. TEAM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    It's a TEAM sport, no, Romo doesn't have any rings but he hasn't had any good teams till now.
    There's a lot of shitty QB'S with rings. There's a lot of elite QB'S without rings. I don't define an elite QB by the number of rings. Peyton Manning is one of the best to ever play the position, he has only 1in 3 trips. TEAM.
    I agree with you Stomp. Dan Marino was another elite QB. In the Hall of Fame and he doesn't have a ring.

11. Member
    He and the team have their chit together this year for the first time since Jimmy Johnson. It sure has been fun to watch. As much as I dislike Jerry, I still hope they go all the way. As of now, I think they are capable of playing with anyone. But there's that little devil in the back of mind that says when they fold, they fold hard and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by "Barney" View Post
    I agree with you Stomp. Dan Marino was another elite QB. In the Hall of Fame and he doesn't have a ring.
    Along with
    Fran Tarkenton
    Dan Fouts
    Jim Kelly
    Randall Cunningham
    Donavan Mcnab
    Warren Moon
    and several others.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    #1 ranked QB for the year..I've said all along, give that guy an O line and he is an elite QB. And he's doing it with a broke back..
    Dont get too cocky yet, the Playoff Romo hasnt surfaced yet. Hopefully he won't, and even as a Steeler fan and Dallas disser I would like to see him do well.
    Pittsburgh PA Area
    2010 Nitro Z7
    150 Optimax, 6" CMC Manual Jackplate, Tempest Plus 23p, (2) Talons
    USAF Veteran, Penn State Alumni

Not getting cocky there yank. Just stating the facts of his stats. I don't care if he ever wins a playoff game, he's still a hell of a QB.

I would say the O line, AND a RB that takes the pressure off of you having to do everything has been his ticket this year. He has proven he can't bear the weight of the team on his shoulders. Not a big fan of Romo at all, but I would like for him and the Boys to prove me wrong this year!!! I might even take my Cowboys hat out of the closet and wear it. I put it there after they fired Jimmy Johnson...

He IS actually rated behind Aaron Rodgers this year for MVP. This is saying something!!!
    To our troops

He has the 3rd best all time career passer rating. Behind Aaron Rogers and Peyton Manning. Aikman is 49th. Tom Brady is 6th I believe.
    He 22 all time for TDs thrown, Aikmans not in the top 50.
    Also, Romo is not in the top 50 of int thrown. His career stats will tell you how good he is at his job.
    Last edited by Stompy; 12-22-2014 at 02:18 PM.

17. Not a member
    I agree Romo has all the stats to be considered a top QB.
    The one thing different with his teams vs Troys teams or Staubachs teams or Montanas teams etc....

Those team didnt win them all but when in a tough game that actually meant something or a game that they had to win. They WON!!

Now I hope they win some of these games but up untill yesterday every game they have really needed they LOST.

We will see.

Romo makes the playoffs and we already have him in the hall of fame...

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy250 View Post
    I would say the O line, AND a RB that takes the pressure off of you having to do everything has been his ticket this year. He has proven he can't bear the weight of the team on his shoulders. Not a big fan of Romo at all, but I would like for him and the Boys to prove me wrong this year!!! I might even take my Cowboys hat out of the closet and wear it. I put it there after they fired Jimmy Johnson...

He IS actually rated behind Aaron Rodgers this year for MVP. This is saying something!!!
    Let me know if you don't find your hat. I'll send you mine along with my old Starter Cowboys jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by WB View Post
    Romo makes the playoffs and we already have him in the hall of fame...
    If the HOF goes by stats, he's in easy. Now if the playoff wins factor in to it a lot, I don't know.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast