Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What would you be willing to pay for a new Champ if they did come back, and what price range, (ball park) do you think the Elites would sell for?

2. Member
    riverby flats caretaker, Telephone Tx./lake fork texas
    done did.

put your boat model in the comments as well, maybe if enough of a certain model get listed they could do them as a test run.

Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    If they made them again, how many of you guys signing the petition would go and buy a new one?
    I wouldn't. I would buy another used boat. I have had great luck with my used stuff, including my ChampioN 190SX, and I do not believe in financing a boat.
    Last edited by slinkeey; 12-23-2014 at 09:31 AM.

4. Member
    If they came back and had return customer pricing, like Bass Cat does for example, I'd consider it at that point. I have a hard time with the rapid immediate depreciation with anything new - return customer incentives would help to offset that and would show a level of commitment to current Champ owners too.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

Nice thought but its over, the fat lady has sung the swan song. Time to keep what you have, buy used, or switch brands.
    See ignorance daily

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluemcm View Post
    If they came back and had return customer pricing, like Bass Cat does for exampleI'd consider it at that point. I have a hard time with the rapid immediate depreciation with anything new - return customer incentives would help to offset that and would show a level of commitment to current Champ owners too.
    Bass cat gives $500 to return customers.

7. Member
    I was unaware of that. Gas money, not much more.

Quote Originally Posted by miahjohn View Post
    Bass cat gives $500 to return customers.
    $1,000 Actually

Dp

10. Member
    I think BCB is the best shot we have at ever seeing a champ hull again. They have been working on a 203 model that is on the shelf. They are still trying to make it run right with the expectations they have for it. The shelved the project for now to finish work on the caracal. Wait long enough and we will see our beloved hull back in production with some BCB style and injinuity.

OK, I signed; the caveat being that I am retired on a modest pension and in no position to buy a new boat now or in the foreseeable future. That being said, if the stars were to align, lightning were to strike, the skies were to open up and let the light shine on the Champion brand, and Johnny Morris was to start building them again, it would be incumbent upon those with the means to do so, to buy the damned things!

Now to be a realist for a moment; with the large majority share of the bass boat market that Mr. Morris now controls, what would be his financial incentive to reintroduce yet another brand? I have to agree with Butch on this one. I just don't see it happening. Sorry.
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX

It just blows my mind to know what type of quality are put into these boats and they get managed down the drain. One of the best Bass boats in the game. A lot of people wanted to see them go in the tank for some reason. I hope this petition goes through and they price them reasonably and the quality remains. This is of course if they bring the brand back
    2007 Ranger Z22 Yamaha 250 HPDI

I would love to see the quality, ride, handling and beauty of champion again. Seriously though, does anyone trust that BPS would build a quality rig if they had the molds. They have Ranger, Stratos, Triton and their Nitro line all to sell. I'll sign the petition on a hope and prayer but seems like might be living in our past glories. BTW, I run a 14 puma with a 250 proxs and I prefer it to any champion I owned and I owned quite a few including the legendary MTN Home 202. It is like looking a beauty queens, they all pretty just your preference

14. Banned
    Champion died because champion owners buy one and keep it for 20 years. I just can't see anyone making money building a boat that won't sell.
    That business model can work if you don't spread yourself thin with sponsor deals, advertising, etc. Just concentrate on quality rather than mass production. It's worked for Allison for 60 years.

I used to buy new boats every other year until I switched to Allison. I bought my current Allison brand new in 2007 with no intentions of ever getting rid of it...it's still as good as new.

I owned a brand new Champion 210, great boat. Before that, I had the first edition BCB Puma (not a great experience). If the Champion molds were still available (for all models) and released for purchase, it would be interesting to see what might happen if the right person bought them...
    Last edited by Bass Commander; 12-23-2014 at 06:50 AM.

15. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I was told that PE destroyed many of the molds, but more could be made buy using existing boats to make new ones from.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Commander View Post
    That business model can work if you don't spread yourself thin with sponsor deals, advertising, etc. Just concentrate on quality rather than mass production. It's worked for Allison for 60 years.

I used to buy new boats every other year until I switched to Allison. I bought my current Allison brand new in 2007 with no intentions of ever getting rid of it...it's still as good as new.

I owned a brand new Champion 210, great boat. Before that, I had the first edition BCB Puma (not a great experience). If the Champion molds were still available (for all models) and released for purchase, it would be interesting to see what might happen if the right person bought them...
    I agree on the business model and "what might happen if" points. The demise may have begun with poor management when the company was privately owned - otherwise bankruptcy might never have happened, and it just got worse when they got rolled up in a conglomerate and eventually a conglomerate with management that hated the brand. The more I learn about the history of Champion the more it becomes clear to me that the demise of the brand had little if anything to do with return customers or superior quality boats.... In the current bass boat market I could easily see a viable Champion brand competing well - just takes some good management.

17. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    It appears that the rights to Champion did, indeed, transfer to BPG. Sadly, so did the folks who are determined that Champion not be resurrected. Hopefully, Mr. Morris will not listen to those individuals.

18. Pat Goff
    Read the roster, and it can be as confusing as ignorance...

Loren Smith and Lance Williams, Loren is manufacturing manager for all fiberglass tracker boats, Lance is head engineer, both were champ guys. Positive.
    Monkey with the original design and you get less than desirable results. Front tank 203.
    When I was working for tracker, it was confided they'd *NEVER* build a hard running boat, they didn't want the liability.
    J Morris thought he'd bought Champ in the original implosion but he was out slicked by genmar. Interesting to see if that desire still exists.

Now, the foundation of all the theories, speculations, and nattering...champ was successful because of the people behind it. Starting with Bill Pace, it was always a winner when you had people making the effort. Take that part away and it's just another boat. THAT is what will save or kill it for good.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    It appears that the rights to Champion did, indeed, transfer to BPG. Sadly, so did the folks who are determined that Champion not be resurrected. Hopefully, Mr. Morris will not listen to those individuals.

Need more info!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

20. Member
    Signed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast