Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Even if Johnny Morris didn't start building new boats at least we could ask for people to make aftermarket parts and he could offer clothing for the champ owners to wear. With people making parts to fix the unknown number of boats still out there at least he's making money and we get to keep our beloved boats. Just an Update on the number of signer's we've reached 70!!

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Funny thing Lea, every time I've been to the plant in Murphreesboro, there was still a Javelin banner hanging on the wall.
    Never saw one at the dealer meetings there in Murfreesboro. Oh well..Not a damned thing we can do now except hope BPS has our brand name..

Champion died because champion owners buy one and keep it for 20 years. I just can't see anyone making money building a boat that won't sell.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALF1 View Post
    Champion died because champion owners buy one and keep it for 20 years. I just can't see anyone making money building a boat that won't sell.
    You are right. It's like buying a 'vette.

5. Member
    I signed it.

That being said, I cant say my 203 is going anywhere anytime soon..for a long time. New champion line or not.

6. Member
    If I fix my termite laden 191 it won't be going anywhere anytime soon either.

I really don't think the lack of return customers specifically because of long term ownership had any major effect on the demise of Champion. Long term ownership is a good thing - it's a major factor in generating new customers and getting customers away from other brands. They get tired of their POS, failing, lower quality or whatever rig, they see guys with Champs that have had them for years, look like new, run great, and want a piece of the pie. Corvette was brought up - now days with the new ones, you are getting in on the heritage, legacy or pedigree of the brand - it may be opinion but Champion was beginning to have that too with the later models - a really refined, top tier rig. They got shut down, driven out - pure and simple.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

7. Member
    I always said I'd never buy a new rig again. I'm starting to rethink that. I think if there were one boat to come back I'd buy it. It would be the 210 with a 300 verado pro. It just does not get much more Cadillac than that.

CLOSED GAMEFISHING SEASONS IN WI HAS NO BIOLOGICAL CREEDENCE!!!

8. Banned
    Bryan you gotta drive the Bass Cat Jaguar with the 350 or New 400 Racing Verado before you go buy a 210 with 300, Tristin and I drove Ricks first Jaguar with a 250 Pro XS and it was insane, with the Verados increase in Torque and HP and Higher RPM range its gotta be killer to have a 84mph Air Craft carrier......Sign away sorry for HiJacking the Dream

9. Moderator
    If they made them again, how many of you guys signing the petition would go and buy a new one?

I've been told recently by a Champ buddy who knows of some Mt. Home Champ molds still in existence stored in a barn in Arkansas...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foxlakephoenix View Post
    Bryan you gotta drive the Bass Cat Jaguar with the 350 or New 400 Racing Verado before you go buy a 210 with 300, Tristin and I drove Ricks first Jaguar with a 250 Pro XS and it was insane, with the Verados increase in Torque and HP and Higher RPM range its gotta be killer to have a 84mph Air Craft carrier......Sign away sorry for HiJacking the Dream
    After driving a P4, P Classic, Cougar, and Puma. The only boat that really stood out to me was the P Classic. It was super quick, nimble, rode on rails. The 20' models all are not that impressive handling wise compared to a Champ. They slide a bit more in corners. I actually do not like being so far out on the tip of the boat. I like being further back. Being a great lakes fisherman, I like not being on the part of the boat that moves up and down the very most. Of all the layouts the new cougar with the larger rear storage is the only boat I think really nails it. I prefer simplicity. Give me single large compartments. I carry tubs of baits, not 3700's. As much as I love the speed of the bcb they just don't fit me. I do really like their construction processes though. Second best in the industry only behind Allison.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish1259 View Post
    I've been told recently by a Champ buddy who knows of some Mt. Home Champ molds still in existence stored in a barn in Arkansas...
    Well if it turns out the brand is dead you could start up another boat company and use those molds to do it. If...they are any good, if...it's a desirable hull to start with.

Maybe a Mtn Home 202?
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfish1259 View Post
    this is a bold statement without any proof!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by btsmbass View Post
    After driving a P4, P Classic, Cougar, and Puma. The only boat that really stood out to me was the P Classic. It was super quick, nimble, rode on rails. The 20' models all are not that impressive handling wise compared to a Champ. They slide a bit more in corners. I actually do not like being so far out on the tip of the boat. I like being further back. Being a great lakes fisherman, I like not being on the part of the boat that moves up and down the very most. Of all the layouts the new cougar with the larger rear storage is the only boat I think really nails it. I prefer simplicity. Give me single large compartments. I carry tubs of baits, not 3700's. As much as I love the speed of the bcb they just don't fit me. I do really like their construction processes though. Second best in the industry only behind Allison.
    I have several friends that have their own 20' bass boats as well. My one buddy in particular has a 20' procraft. Everytime we are in my boat, and wide open and we are coming into some tight turns, its funny to watch his reaction. He still thinks he is in his procraft. Trying to find the "o shit bar". He forgets that even at 69-70mph, that 203 hooks and holds in any turn.

15. Member
    If they came back I would buy one in the next 2-3 years. If they dont bring the boat back I'll probably re-power with a new motor within 5 years.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    If they made them again, how many of you guys signing the petition would go and buy a new one?
    Admittedly, It would depend on the build quality. If they are made on the Nitro line I would not be interested.
    2000 191 DCX--1999 200 Mercury EFI

I'd think about a new one if they came back

18. Member
    I can't afford a new boat in any way. I still run a '86 16'8 that was just repowered with a new pro XS. I still signed this petition so that others who can afford a new Chanp might just get their wish.

19. Member
    For those that can't afford a new, it's important to keep the pre owned market alive. That drives new sales. Being in the boat biz, we are seeing wholesale prices higher than ever. Dealerships are not afraid to put a little more money in quality trades knowing that they will sell for over book value. Being in the the upper midwest, with really short seasons, a lot of open non treacherous waters, and lots of money in the Chicago area. I sell a lot of bass boats for good money to people in the south every year. If I were buying used, I look N of the mason dixie line almost exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by btsmbass View Post
    The Jaguar is a different animal all together as well as the newer Puma FTD's and Cougar FTD's. They run on rails. Being a Champion enthusiast I was very skeptical of the ride in a BCB. Well, Ivan changed that when I rode with him in a 2013 Puma FTD. No sliding what so ever. Now I have a good friend in a 13 Puma FTD. And it's a hell of a boat.

I signed the petetion too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast