Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Benjamin Franklin, 1759 - "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Very sweet. Do the antique plates limit you to miles driven per year in Tennessee?

BAD A$$ ride no doubt!!!!! Love to hear a little more about the car and specs on the drive train.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Nice Charger!

They have some rules on the antique plates, but I dont know what they are, no one cares here seems. I see old pickups running around everywhere with the plates and no one ever says anything.

The Charger is a R/T SE TrackPack car. With the TrackPack Option you got an 18 spline Hemi 4 speed trans and a Dana 3.54 SureGrip, as well as, a few other things.

The car is basically stock, except for wheels and engine of course.

I started with a 440 block, added a 4340 stroker crank for 505 cu in. 4340 rods and forged Icon pistons. I had to get my head gaskets made (.120") to lower compression for blower. Edlebrock aluminum RPM heads by Porter Racing Heads, Milodon oiling system, billet main caps w/ stud girdle. All ARP fasteners. Dyer's 8-71 blower, driven 5% under. QuickFuel 750 blower carbs. Harland Sharp roller rockers.
    Cam is a custom grind from CompCams, something along the lines of .545" lift, 290 duration on 112 centerline. Doug's Headers 2" primaries 3.5" collectors.

505.jpg

Benjamin Franklin, 1759 - "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Are you a member on Moparts on the Web - Main Index

Absolutely BADASS. What a build. Those are sweet looking cars. Love the double barrel scoop. Those rear tires are toast.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    Yes, but I am usually over at Dodgecharger.com.

Yes those 275's are gone
    This winter Im going to go with a 295, maybe a 305 if I have the clearance.

9. Member
    that is an awesome hot rod. had a chance to buy a charger about the same year as yours for 2000. but it was purple in color with a 454 and a small cam but owners were selling because the engine dies once dropped into drive. easy problem to fix but i kick myself every day for not buying that car.

10. Member
    That thing is bad ass!!!!!!

very sharp. i was going to mention tubbing the back end, till i read original rt/se!

12. Member
    WOW

Sweet!

To bad the new fiatMOPARS are lacking!

Miss the ones I owed back when. One made the HS Year Book for most wanted 66 Sport Satilite. She was a beast Fully dressed and would run low 11's on g60 street tires that was a trick!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Lacking? A 707 hp Challenger and Charger , even the 68 Hemi Darts and Barracudas didn't make near that much power out of the box . Not to mention the ride and handling qualities. Now the styling is a different story, Ma Mopar made some of the best looking cars ever in the late 60's and early 70's. Most of all the new cars look alike, when I was a kid you could tell them apart.

Lacking? A 707 hp Challenger and Charger , even the 68 Hemi Darts and Barracudas didn't make near that much power out of the box . Not to mention the ride and handling qualities. Now the styling is a different story, Ma Mopar made some of the best looking cars ever in the late 60's and early 70's. Most of all the new cars look alike, when I was a kid you could tell them apart.
    Yes, LACKING!!

Back when (keyword) most everything they made was a decent ride! Today most are garbage. Keyword (GARBAGE) Yea today you get a Challenger that's better attempt than the Camaro. Really a chop top look! What were they thinking!

Look I bleed HEMI Orange owned all the domestic makes and put over a 1,000,000 miles on cylinder heads every 100,000 mile Ford's and Rear main leaking, Transmission issues, no braking, weak engine GM trucks. Worked for Chrysler before and during the time they got raped by Daimler so yes I say the new fiatMOPARS are lacking!

They're customers are the ones telling us they SUCK!

Just the facts!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

All new vehicles are garbage to me. It will be interesting to see where Chrysler goes from here. They screwed up the Charger when it came out as a 4 door sedan. The Daimler ceo got tons of hate mail over that one. They knew they messed up so they brought out the 2 door Challenger and its selling like hotcakes. The Hellcat is a beast, but with the price tag starting at $60 plus, that leaves out most people. Thats why I drive used vehicles, Ill never pay the ridiculous new car/truck prices.

I won't tell my 04 Intrepid work car with over 190,000 on that it's junk. The only thing that has ever been done is regular oil changes, it still has the original plugs in it. I can remember when I was a kid that when a car got 90,000 miles on that it was wore out, not just the engine, the car. Yes I like the old stuff and have always had a Mopar muscle car or hot rod, been messing with them for almost 40 years now.

I won't tell my 04 Intrepid work car with over 190,000 on that it's junk. The only thing that has ever been done is regular oil changes, it still has the original plugs in it. I can remember when I was a kid that when a car got 90,000 miles on that it was wore out, not just the engine, the car. Yes I like the old stuff and have always had a Mopar muscle car or hot rod, been messing with them for almost 40 years now.
    Yea those aren't bad the 3.3 version was a little more dependable than the 3.5 was a rocket but coolant pump and intake gasket issues. Then the trannies were a time bomb. But they still aren't the fiatMOPARS either.

Don't get me wrong I owned a bunch of them and love'm.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

Charger.....at some point you gotta post a vid of that thing idling and running !!!!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Heres a small clip just after the first start-up. I will get a new vid when the weather clears up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast