Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    I am sold on the Garmin, currently have a brand new HDS 7 in the console, but looking to add a new Garmin to the bow and switch the console down the road to Garmin. I like the 70s but the 70dv is the ticket for me. How are these transducers mounted on the trolling motor????
    They come with a trolling motor bracket. If it's anything like the one I have, it fits flush and snug.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

2. Member
    Couple questions. Can the lowrance point 1 hook up the NMEA 0183 network? Or just nmea 2000? I only see 0183 listed for some units. Can you use navionics chips on garmin units? These have prob been answered already. I'm just slow. Ha

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt870 View Post
    Couple questions. Can the lowrance point 1 hook up the NMEA 0183 network? Or just nmea 2000? I only see 0183 listed for some units. Can you use navionics chips on garmin units? These have prob been answered already. I'm just slow. Ha
    Short answer no you can not directly connect a point 1 to a NMEA 0183 network. The OP was referring to having one GPSMAP in the system which has nmea 2000 then the GPSMAP would share the heading information over the Garmin network on the Echomap 70. The Echomap 73 and 93 don't have the Garmin network either so they could share the sensor information via NMEA0183 if there was a GPSMAP in the network.

The Echomap 73 is not necessarily an upgrade over the 70, the 70 has a lot of features that the 73 doesn't so don't let the higher number fool you. The only advantage of the 73 is that the sidevu is built in vs optional on the 70.

As far as I know Garmin is not Navionics compatible but does use lakemaster and garmin charts.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt870 View Post
    There are a couple of converters that will do nmea0183 to nmea2000. They cost around $180.00

5. Member
    Thanks! I'm just trying to figure out if I went with a garmin setup what I would need. So could I get a 70 unit, the black box, and use the lowrance point 1? Sorry for all the questions.

6. Member
    Considering getting Garmins for my triton, and running the 70dv on the bow and getting the 73 series that has the side and down view built in. Leave my lowrance hds 7 in the console for mapping.

7. Member
    Correction- it was stated" The only advantage of the 73 is that the sidevu is built in vs optional on the 70.
    Actually, Side vu is not an option on the 73Dv according to the website....just down vu
    ... Creekchub

8. Member
    There's a 73sv with sidevu coming out in the next few days. It seems like a great value but I'm still leaning toward last year's 70 series paired with the black box.

Has the 93sv been released yet? That is one heckuva a 9" screen and price point. Are there any pics of this unit floating around. Troyboy did you see one at the recent show you attended?

No the 93SV hasen't been released yet I have one on order there saying the 9-11th of march now .

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
    No the 93SV hasen't been released yet I have one on order there saying the 9-11th of march now .
    I have it on good authority the the new echomap units will be starting to ship this week for all that are patiently waiting.
    Special thanks to my sponsors- Team Daiwa, Garmin Electronics, Gill Technical Fishing, Bass Magnet Lures, and Upper Canada Marine.

12. Banned
    Saw 93sv at expo. That will be my next unit. Sweet unit

Quote Originally Posted by hawgripper View Post
    I have it on good authority the the new echomap units will be starting to ship this week for all that are patiently waiting.

Hawgripper i'm crossing my fingers you right

Hawgripper i'm crossing my fingers you right
    We will just say that my authority gave me the permission to post, lol......
    Special thanks to my sponsors- Team Daiwa, Garmin Electronics, Gill Technical Fishing, Bass Magnet Lures, and Upper Canada Marine.

Has anyone got the 93sv yet and tried to mount the transducer on a trolling motor? I just got mine yesterday and didn't have time to do anything with it before I had to leave for work but the transducers seem huge! I've been looking all over for a transducer shield that will fit them but can't find one anywhere that says it works for them? I know they've just came out so maybe nobody has one yet? Super excited to get them put on and try them out!

Congrats on the units, i am sure it won't be long before somebody has a shield for them.

update;
    just check transducer shield and saver and they have a banner saying coming soon for garmin side and downvu.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebasser86 View Post
    Has anyone got the 93sv yet and tried to mount the transducer on a trolling motor? I just got mine yesterday and didn't have time to do anything with it before I had to leave for work but the transducers seem huge! I've been looking all over for a transducer shield that will fit them but can't find one anywhere that says it works for them? I know they've just came out so maybe nobody has one yet? Super excited to get them put on and try them out!

Can you post a pic showing the size of that transducer ? It might help me once mine finally shows up on mounting and congrats on getting yours

18. Banned
    i spoke with transducer shield and saver at the classic. they had just talked to one of the garmin reps and requested transducers so they could build savers

like haw said

Last edited by TroyBoy30; 02-25-2015 at 07:31 AM.

Can you post a pic showing the size of that transducer ? It might help me once mine finally shows up on mounting and congrats on getting yours
    Looks like there's just enough room on the underside of my 80lb Maxxum to fit it.

Thanks I thought it was 7 1/4 inches long wasen't expecting 9 inches wow .

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast