1995 Stratos 275 Pro XL

Considering a 1995 Stratos 275 Pro XL . It has a 1995 150 Johnson Fast Strike. Seems to be in wonderful shape. What should I know about this model?
    I once was a male trapped in a woman's body. Then I was born.

2. Member
    Sort of an entry level boat in its day that sold for 16 k new back then,17 1/2 ft long faststrike engine is a good old motor low compression thus last awhile yet many by now are tired.Dunno if transom is wood,np still if sound, take someone with you that knows what to look for such as stress cracks etc.
    Ask for a compression check cyl should be within 10psi and be 100-105 area.Reasoning is if that motor pops, what does it cost to repower.All want low mileage cars or boat well cared for worth extra 500 from dealer or nada trade in value.NADA lists 3 prices wholesale which one would have difficulty getting from a dealer middle is between people,highest is like from dealer.those garage kept owners tend to use the higher.What electroncs etc all come into play less than a modern si or di,not up to date. So an 80 dollar garmin or whatever is free.Like a built in flasher would be.Lastly float it run it
    Last edited by lilmule; 11-25-2014 at 01:57 PM.

I use to have a 1994 275 pro XL with a 150 intruder. Great little boat! Very well built and fishes very nice. It fishes good and gets around tight places good. I put a recessed trolling motor trey in mine and was surprised how thick the front deck was. Over all a good boat .

Oh the one I bought a couple years ago was a garage queen. It had the original tires on it the actually dry rotted away , tread looked new on them. It had all orgianal electronics when I bought it. I gave $5k for it and the dealer had just serviced it. I upgraded the electronics and did something's like put tires and a new fuel line on it and Sold it for about $8k if I remember right.

5. Member
    ..I have a 95 275 and its been a good little boat! Had to put a new head on my Fastrike but thats how it goes sometimes. Boat fishes good with 2 people and real tight with 3. Storage is good for a boat this size. 60ish set up right, fuel pig no matter what. Fishes well in shallow water, rides pretty decent in rough water, though not a great big water boat. Trailers like a john boat. Love mine and can't wait to hand it down to my son when I upgrade.

6. Member
    94 stratos 275 pro xl switch panel switch wiring diagram
    Last edited by George@silvercity; 03-21-2020 at 08:26 PM. Reason: To make longer