Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Tony was wrong for getting rid of Newman!
    I looks like it worked out pretty good for Tony.

2. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Neither a fan nor a hater...

Harvick's paid his dues. Congrats to him.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Where did that pic come from?!?! Up until this past year, that's been my seating area for the Brickyard! I think I may actually be in that picture!
    This pic is the brickyard. I just found it online by searching, "Empty nascar stands."

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by champ93 View Post
    This pic is the brickyard. I just found it online by searching, "Empty nascar stands."
    I knew it was the Brickyard as I recognized my seats.

Yes, the stands are empty, and it's a matter of NASCAR and tracks being out of touch with reality.......tickets are simply too high. The Brickyard is one of the most horrible tracks to see a race at, and I would never pay face value for those tickets. Only reason I went to the Brickyard all those years is that I had a free ticket courtesy of a business contact, the track is only about an hour and a half from the house, and I had a fun group of guys to go with to the race.

Kentucky Speedway is about 45 minutes from the house - used to go to the truck races and nationwide races...went to the first sprint cup race which was a disaster, but I was one of the lucky ones that knew to get there super early, and prices on everything have been jacked up. I finally went back for a truck race this year thanks to a free ticket. Again, ticket prices overall are just too high and when you plan on taking friends and family it adds up quick!

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by milligjg View Post
    That's the reason I watched! I figured Keslowski would screw it up at the end for one or all of the contenders and someone would kill him. He's a douche
    I was hoping Brad K would knock out Harvick...Harvick deserved it. Harvick is a douche. Brad K is a true racer. Piss on Gordon and Harvick with their "code" and whining.

I was wanting Logano to get up there and win, and I think he would have done it if that pit crew member hadn't messed up with the jack. I can't imagine what that jack carrier feels right now.

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I agree brickyard is the worst track out there and that is why seats are empty but they alway hype the brickyard race

I'm glad Harvick won but would of loved to see Newman win just to piss off NASCAR Nation. It was a whiney nation before but god if their driver didnt play this game that NASCAR invented this year right and got knocked out it was the worst thing NASCAR has ever done. If their driver survived it was the greatest thing ever. Gordon was in the hunt as much as anybody. He just didnt play the game well enough to move on when it counted. He had his chances to get where he needed to be but so did everbody else and Newman capitalized when it counted, Gordon didnt end of story. I like the old pre 2004 system as much as anybody else but everybody seems to forget that NASCAR has to battle the NFL at the end of the year for TV ratings. Under the pre 2004 system they couldnt compete. They really didnt have much to compete with under the beginning chase formats. But atleast under this format they created enough drama and enough attention that they had a few more people watching yesterday than what usually watch Homestead. Not to mention you have NASCAR nation fighting with itself over whether it was good or bad and creating more attention. Sorry guys it aint going nowhere and the more fans wanna fight and yell at NASCAR the more they are gonna continue.

If they go back to the old system they are going to have to end the season in september or october....which honestly I'd be fine with cause they got the longest season out of anybody and its just oversaturated. Oversaturation is what killed what they had going folks got tired of it. But that means less money for NASCAR so we wont see that happen in our lifetimes.

I figured Harvick would win but was pulling for Gordon followed by Newman. Now that would of given people lots to talk about. Gordon who miss by a point and Newman who did win a race all year as for Havick he's a bigger cry baby than the Bush's. There's always next year for the #48, he will win #7.

9. Member
    I don't particularly like Harvick. I don't exactly know why. He should have won, there were tons of variables, and with a very late yellow, and him the only guy with 4 new tires it was almost a slam-dunk. I did laugh my ass off when he pushed horse-face into Gordon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123