Thumbs Up Got our 1st Evinrude G2 on a Ranger 620FS at APM!

What an incredible engine on an incredible boat!!

I know this is BASS BOAT Central and I am a bass boat guy through and through, but I do have a fondness for the big girls as well.......they are BIG and BAD fishing machines.......so check out this 620FS in the All-American color package with the new G2! The color package comes with silver panels on the engine, but I opted to change them to black and I think they really look awesome. That Pearl White Mist is BEAUTIFUL.......I fell in love with it on the NASCAR color package last year, and when I saw this new color combo I just had to stock one. I failed to get a good picture of the engine stripes up close, but they have flake in them and closely resemble the Pearl Mist. I can't wait to get this one gassed up and to the lake, I am going to make another video and get some good performance data on it.

Haters will be haters, but do not knock this engine until you get behind the wheel and mash the throttle in a boat powered by one. I personally think this thing is awesome looking, and can't quit starring at it!

Pro's Choice Marine's Facebook Page
    Pete's Ranger Channel
    Click on the banner to check out our website!

What an awesome looking machine! I'm really excited about the new G2's as well. I understand that the G2 has the power steering pump built into the motor, which really makes for clean rigging, but how do you steer the kicker? Is that a tiller kicker...mechanically linked and it's not shown in the pics? Or is it hydraulically controlled via the helm as well? GREAT looking boat!!! Thanks for posting the pics!

3. BBC SPONSOR Pro's Choice Pete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    What an awesome looking machine! I'm really excited about the new G2's as well. I understand that the G2 has the power steering pump built into the motor, which really makes for clean rigging, but how do you steer the kicker? Is that a tiller kicker...mechanically linked and it's not shown in the pics? Or is it hydraulically controlled via the helm as well? GREAT looking boat!!! Thanks for posting the pics!
    You have good eyes!! The kicker engine steering will be controlled at the helm, the steering is just not hooked up yet in the pictures. I am glad you like the pics, and I have to say the pictures do not do this boat justice!!
    Pro's Choice Marine's Facebook Page
    Pete's Ranger Channel
    Click on the banner to check out our website!

4. Multi-Species Boats/Ontario Club Moderator
    Sweet looking ride, it would be great up here on Lake Ontario!!

good color choice on the motor

6. Banned
    Not a fan of the looks on the motor. Boat is sweet tho. The new etecs look like those old Chrysler outboards, just not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    Not a fan of the looks on the motor. Boat is sweet tho. The new etecs look like those old Chrysler outboards, just not a fan.
    I don't think it looks all that different from a Verado...except it's got corners and angles whereas the Verado is rounded off in almost every aspect. Pretty close to the same shape, though. About time a motor manufacture got wise to matching color. Smart and progressive.

8. Member
    Beautiful. What prop are you running on the G2?

9. Goby King
    That's a Lake Erie smallie rig for sure!

The 620 is an awsome rig. Not a big fan of the motor cover either but it is the ford vs chev argument. Those wheels look great wish mine had those.
    http://www.scvwl.com
    2013 Ranger 620VS Yamaha 250 and Yamaha 9.9 kicker