Thread: T-H HiJacker JP

T-H HiJacker JP

I have this JP on my boat. It's the original JP that came installed from the factory (2007) and I don't know a lot about it. Therefore, I've never adjusted it. What do I have to do to adjust it? I've been told its a pain in the backside to move the motor on this JP but I plan to start doing some adjustments next summer.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

Three locking bolts on each side must be loose. Then turn center rod to adjust, CW up, CCW down. Make sure the locking bolts are loose enough so the washers do not dig into aluminium channel edges. I usually trim the motor up to half to almost level so I can get ahold of the lower unit and wiggle the piss out of it while I'm turning the center pin.. These plates are known to be tight tolerances and hard to break loose at first. Try trimming down on a block of wood under the skeg, use a little down trim to put slight pressure it which can help get it moving. Once you do get it moving using your own power by putting some shoulder into it will be enough. Make 1/4" adjustments at a time. Use a sharpie and mark your plates positon on both sides before you start moving it.

Thanks! That's pretty much along the same lines of how I was thinking it needed done but I probably wouldn't have thought to mark it with a sharpie.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

I tried to adjust mine. What a pain. Have both side bolts loose. Tried the trim and block trick but no love. I guess the next step is a block and floor jack to lift it to my desired height. Mine has "Century Marine" on it with a T-H label. Any other tricks to try?

hey fellers it's like RONCO Products set it and forget it! lolo.. My TH JP was set long ago back when boat was new in 1989. and it hasn't been moved, messed with since.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    hey fellers it's like RONCO Products set it and forget it! lolo.. My TH JP was set long ago back when boat was new in 1989. and it hasn't been moved, messed with since.
    Except mine needs to be moved. Prior owner was a very large guy and his setup doesn't work for my weight. Not enough bow lift and handling is not right. Glad yours works for you.