Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Larry is right, a small piece of flat stock cut to cover the gasket, drill a couple holes, round the edges on a belt sander and you're done.

IMG_7151-1.jpeg
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
    Lowe’s has the aluminum flat stock in 4 foot sections. Traced the LP gasket on the aluminum stock. Cut and grind to size. I used the gasket placed them between that piece and the LP pump. Rather than buying new shorter bolts. I left the LP pumps on over the plate I made. Plugged the fuel lines to them. Left all the hoses attached to the LP pumps just not attached to the engine. If you send me you’re addy. I’ll cut three pieces of the aluminum stock, unground, no holes for the bolts.
    wiring, I ran my solenoid wire to the high pressure fuel pump trigger voltage. It turns on just as the fuel pump comes on to pressurize the system. Ran the signal wire through the rigging hose. It’s a simple setup. Just takes time to look oem, an OC thing for me.....
    Thanks for the details and the offer on the aluminum but I have the tools to cut the plates and pretty certain I have the al stock as well. May do this over the winter.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

3. Member
    Updated first post - all photos were gone....sorry about that. Added what I could find from what I still have.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

4. Member
    Hi, im concerned with doing this mod due to where my tank is located. From the tank to where i would have to mount the fuel pump is around 12 feet with around 1 foot lift. im worried about the fuel pump sucking this distance. thanks.

Had my engine at HT recently for an unrelated issue but they went through several things. One of which was how much pressure my carter electric fuel pump was pushing. They said it was about 6lbs. They recommended to me to purchase the Holly red pump (not marine pump). They said it pushes about 8lbs as that’s what they use in all of their conversions. You can always install a higher pressure electric pump and place a pressure limiter in line if you’re concerned about adequate pressure.
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

6. Member
    VERY NEED Job there

7. Member
    Your old post was well received last year when I followed your advice for the 2001 Yamaha OX66 Yamaha on my bass boat. Thanks for the details and your rationale! I left the LP diaphragms on the power head and plugged the inlet and outlet tubes as a potential on the water reconnection in case of Holley system problems. But so far so good. I am doing the same upgrade to my Contender this weekend (same Ox66 design engines) and revisited this post for a refresher. The only differences from your design is that I will keep the power head filter and put a valve on the discharge of the Holley fuel pump. I do this because I like having a visual indicator of fuel flow when I am decarbing the engines. I close the Holley valve and disconnect the Holley fuel line from the power head filter. I connect a 3 ft hose to this power head inlet filter and drop the syphon end into the aux 1 gall gas can (mixed with SeaFoam). This way I can monitor when the one gal runs out from watching the filter’s clear float bowl while on plane. Many here decarb into the Racor, but that “feels” like it could cause problems if the SeaFoam detergent dissolves particulates trapped in the filter and flushes them downstream. Plus it’s harder to monitor fuel flow. Also I like to decarb when all 6 cylinders are firing (cylinders 2 and 5 shut down under 2000 RPMs on warm engines), so this works for me. Thanks again for your post!

8. Member
    If anyone is looking for detailed VIDEO instructions on deleting your lift pumps/low pressure fuel pumps in OX66 motors here it is.

I am not a professional but I do know my way around this motor.
    [COLOR=var(--blue-link)]https://youtu.be/IOKBsgwVMk8[/COLOR]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12