199 Alpha owners

I've been kicking tires for years and about to pull the trigger on a beautiful 07 199. She's got a 225Ho Etec and I'm sure runs amazing. Fill me in on the boat. Pros and cons if any. Trailers are OK? I know the owner and postive he babies the boat but over the years things wear out and just curious where to look.

Joe
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

i have the newer ez-loader (not sure if it was the same in 07). Its awesome. mine is a '13 so i'm sure there are a few minor differences but i will say the ride and hole shot are awesome. Quality of construction, fit and finish, and components is second to none. No plastic is nice. You'll need to play with the jackplate to get the ride you like, mine runs "nose down" when the plate is high, i've dropped it and gotten a good compromise of speed and bow lift - rides and handles great. does really well in rough water with a soft, solid ride.

only things i will say about the boat i would look to improve is the rod-lockers are tight. The organizer needs to come out unless all your rods are 6'. I can fit 8' rods in it, but anything over 7' requires some finesse to get in there just right. Boat is somewhat narrow compared to a lot of other boats. The deck can be a bit crowded and if you put a fat guy on the corner, you'll notice it lean. There could be more storage, but i've found there to be "enough" storage. Overall i'm extremely happy with mine.

3. Member
    really like my 08 199. There is not as much deck storage as my 519ranger had but it rides better!!

4. Member
    Love my '07 199 dual console with 225 ProXS. Trailer is beautiful and functions perfectly (I have the swing away tongue). Only complaint is the front two rod lockers will get wet in a deluge.

5. Member
    Pretty much what the dude said. Rod lockers are a little tight. Other than that, great boat.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neverenuf View Post
    Love my '07 199 dual console with 225 ProXS. Trailer is beautiful and functions perfectly (I have the swing away tongue). Only complaint is the front two rod lockers will get wet in a deluge.
    My 07 Rod lockers got wet also. Called Lou and he told me to drill a 1/4" hole in the outside corner as close to the gunnel as I could in the drip edge. Solved the problem! Gee we are gonna miss Lou!
    Pool 10

Somewhere between here and there, but not in the middle.
    I own an 07 Alpha also. Ez-loader trailer, 225 ProXs, duel console, ect, ect. Since you ask personal reflection I shall tell you. After fishing out of many different boat through the years, I have zero regrets about the Legend. It does everything I expect it to do. I am not a tournament fisherman (due to work scheduling) but I do go from panfish with dad to hardcore fishing in Kenora Canada to Sturgeon bay for pole buster smallies to the lake around my city to musky fishing till the water gets hard. Like I said, zero issues.

2007 Legend Alpha 199 / 225 ProXs

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    My 07 Rod lockers got wet also. Called Lou and he told me to drill a 1/4" hole in the outside corner as close to the gunnel as I could in the drip edge. Solved the problem! Gee we are gonna miss Lou!
    can you post a picture where you drilled the hole my 8 has the same problem on the drivers side rod box

9. Member
    I strongly considered a 199 for about 2 years. The one I ran was a rocket! And felt like a little hot rod but handled extremely well. I kicked around the 211 and the 199 for a while. I ended up with my V20 due to the length of waiting to decide and my requirements had changed. The 199's are really a great deal for the money, and if you can find a used one for a great deal that's a plus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    Old post I know.......but, anybody know about this "drill a hole" where ??

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

11. Member
    '09. My rod lockers do not leak, nor any other storage box in the boat.

When I'm cleaning the carpet and running constant water on the deck, the starboard rod box will fill up. It's like it hits the console and backs up in the box. don't know.
    Can't get my old lady to lay down in there with a flashlight to confirm the intrusion point.
    Haven't noticed any rain water getting in there.

Seems there should be drain holes in all the boxes....??

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"