Praying '97 519 svs with 225 Mercury, Ignition Trouble

Hey guys, I need your help !! I'm having ignition trouble; The motor will not turn over when I try to start the motor. When I turn the key to the "ON" position it "Beeps", and all the gauges power up and I have all my "ACC" switched working, but when I turn the key to the "START" position nothing happens. I replaced the ignition switch and the starter solenoid. I jumped the starter directly from the battery and it worked just fine. Is there a separate Fuse that I have over looked on the motor somewhere ??

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Chuck

2. Banned
    Check your battery connections and the strength of your starting battery (load test). Just because it fires the gauges doesn't mean it will fire the motor. How old and what size is the battery and what motor are you trying to trying to start? Easy test is to take another battery and hook it up to see if it will fire the motor. Also check the throttle handle and make sure it is ion neutral.

Could be the starter relay in the fuse box on the starboard side of the motor.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

4. Banned
    Or the fuse on the side of the motor.

5. Member
    Check your kill switch everything will work but engine will not turn over

6. Member
    I just replaced All the batteries. I also replaced the on board charger with a MK 315D. The charger indicates that the batteries are charged. The gear shifter is in Neutral. I took the safety lanyard off just to see if it was interfering.
    Last edited by daxk1; 10-29-2014 at 11:16 PM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    Could be the starter relay in the fuse box on the starboard side of the motor.
    I replaced the starter solenoid. Is there another fuse other than the one on the black plastic cover over the solenoid ??

Neutral Saftey Switch in the control box buddie. two yellow and red wires coming out of the control box. it wont crank in gear or if it thinks its in gear.
    Ryan Bauman 2022 Ranger 520R 250 Mercury ProXS Fourstroke

9. Banned
    Did this happen right after you replaced the batteries?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos H View Post
    Did this happen right after you replaced the batteries?
    Hey Carlos, I had the on-board charger plugged in for several hrs. when I noticed that the charger (BPS brand), was extremely HOT. I checked all the batteries (3), and ended up replacing one of the trolling and the starting batteries. Prior to replacing the batteries I tried to start the motor and it wouldn't do anything except the BEEP when I turned the key to on. That's when I replaced the batteries (the starting battery was really low on water, must of boiled out and damaged a couple of cells). I have also replaced the charger with a MK 315D.
    Thanks,
    Chuck

11. Banned
    ok, you have a different situation then. Need to do a system check as you had an extreme overvoltage (guessing) on the system.

Check every fuse and all fusible links in the system is where I would start. Start at the battery and check all in motor and also boat system as well.