Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Now this is is a cool looking triton with Etec G2

I've always like Silver accents on boats.

2. Member
    Awesome I like the G2 a lot.

3. Banned
    I like the G2 also

4. Member
    I saw the red one on the ranger at Jetta this morning and really liked it against the Ranger red boat. Silver and black looks good on the Triton too. Starting to grow on me it is.

I'd love to see some real world comparisons between the g2, Proxs and SHO to see which one is stronger using the exact same boat and load.
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

6. Member
    That's the best lookin' G2 I've seen yet.....
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMEISTER View Post
    I'd love to see some real world comparisons between the g2, Proxs and SHO to see which one is stronger using the exact same boat and load.
    There is a on the water drag race video showing the 250 G2 smoking the 250 SHO in what I think are most critical aspects to outboards and boats (Ranger 520). Same exact boats, spece'd per respective OEM setup for each boat. Also, the G2 was handicapped with extra 30lbs of weight per the drivers. This is a Yamaha video so we can weight that per our opinions. I guess we can wait to see if Yamaha will counter or Merc. Until then it is what it is.

G2 easily won getting out of the hole all the way through midrange. Past they all be pretty much the same at WOT all things being equal to setup experience, stock parts and driving ability. The only other possible top end difference is if one motor can be raised higher (WPSI) to achieve more potential lift to reduce less surface drag for more speed or if one motor has more torque to spin a larger prop. Again, all things being equal with stock parts.

That took some balls because IMO the SHO is the king of the hill. That video is compelling.
    Last edited by deepanchor; 10-26-2014 at 08:04 AM.

This is my favorite pic off Triton web page.

I like the looks of the motor and like that you can change colors to mach a boat. The boating industry, like many others, in my opinion is "Monkey see Monkey Do" If the Evinrude gains traction with it's new looks, the other companies will follow suit.
    Your fair share is not in My Wallet.

It is growing on me real fast. After seeing several different color schemes and how you can make the whole boat match as a package I'm really liking the new design. I remember the Yamaha's had that funky look to get used to on their cowlings now its not even 2nd nature.

11. Member
    Man it just.. Idk to me looks ugly but it growing on me

I'm not there yet.....

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

13. Banned
    Is this the vid you are talking about:

Last edited by 5-Dinks; 10-27-2014 at 09:06 AM.

14. Member
    They went from having no hole shot to the best hole shot. I guess that is something. My question is, will the lower unit hold up to the torque. They never got a LU to hold up with the engine that mediocre torque.

15. Member
    Ugly on the ranger and ugly on the triton sorry but my oppionion

16. Member
    I just can't say I like it either. I remember when they started rounding all the body lines on trucks verses the square boxy look and that took me years to like that look too.
    2004 Triton TR-186DC - Mercury 175 Optimax

17. Member
    The SHO boat looked overtrimmed and driver couldn't get the chinewalk under control while the G2 boat looked like the driver knew what he was doing. I'm not biased either way, I like them both and think they are both top performers in the market.

The Rod Glove Pro Staff

18. Member
    I have a 21TRX on order the same color, but it will come with a Mercury 250 Proxs. The G2 does have some serious torque.

19. Banned
    I wonder why they kept changing camera angles during the holeshot; you couldn't actually see what was taking place.
    We've got a local guy with a 21' Ranger and a 250 SHO. He's not the type of guy to spend any effort in tuning, but this boat fairly leaps on plane with a roar; if it takes 3 seconds with a full load, that would take all of it. It also runs in the mid-seventies. I'd really like to see a boat that could launch faster w/o blowing out.

20. Member
    You would never work on it on the water. Has 28 bolts holding all that plastic on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast