Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Member
    I'm from Wisconsin and fish Sturgeon Bay often. I have a TR196 at the moment but am trying to decide between a XB21 and a Z521C. The only 2 things that bother me about the XB21 is the Narrow front deck and the kinda small rear deck. Any pics/video's of your XB21's would be great. It's hard to get a good idea of the fishing platform from some of the pics online. I do admit this is a sexy bass boat!

2. Member

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by malueg79 View Post
    I'm from Wisconsin and fish Sturgeon Bay often. I have a TR196 at the moment but am trying to decide between a XB21 and a Z521C. The only 2 things that bother me about the XB21 is the Narrow front deck and the kinda small rear deck. Any pics/video's of your XB21's would be great. It's hard to get a good idea of the fishing platform from some of the pics online. I do admit this is a sexy bass boat!
    Jump on the Allison Boats Facebook page ton of picks there. I got to ride in the Bassport Pro Elite (not 2+2). The Elite and XST are more traditional. Bassport ride was night and day different from the Z21 I had in chop (long run in 2-3 chop). I am 200 and nearly 6 foot. Usually fish no seat or bike up front. There was plenty of deck and it was amazingly stable. a little more bow swing in 20 mph wind but you could correct it much faster. It tracked on the trolling motor flate and fast. I covered water that daylol. Amazing boat. I measured ( a lot time ago) "the station" area of the troll motor pedal and forward it was the same width as one 21ft triton (tr 21/ or Hp) have to go back find. But there was like only a inch or 1-1/2 on each side each of the pedal wider from the 2014 21ft Ranger we measured. That surprised me.

4. Member
    ^^Is the Bassport pro elite the top of the line? I'm on their facebook page. There's just a few issues I don't like. The smallish rear deck(I do like how the rear deck extends far back), the front deck 'looks' narrow and the dash cant handle a big screen. But I do want a boat for the long haul. I'm not one to get into a new rig every few years. And that's a major draw for me to Allison. I like how you sit low in the boat. I sit so high in my Triton TR196. In the end I'll have to have a demo ride before making the final decision.

5. Member
    ^^Is the Bassport pro elite the top of the line? I'm on their facebook page. There's just a few issues I don't like. The smallish rear deck(I do like how the rear deck extends far back), the front deck 'looks' narrow and the dash cant handle a big screen. But I do want a boat for the long haul. I'm not one to get into a new rig every few years. And that's a major draw for me to Allison. I like how you sit low in the boat. I sit so high in my Triton TR196. In the end I'll have to have a demo ride before making the final decision.
    Yes.

My dad is 80 years old and never has an issue with the rear deck.

The console will house a 10" Onix or Touch 9"

6. Member
    Some guys are running /mounting to screens at console. I know the bow will handle a 10 onix. Deck was not narrow. At the nose / trolling motor pedal where you are on the move. We measured 40/41 inches (20 inches each side of the pedal and the pedal well is larger than some), We measured a triton 21 Hp at the same 40 inches (2O inches each side of the 6 pedal). The bassport front deck is about 9ft tip of carpet to tip of carpet. It has deck space to how about 4 to 6 rods away from the front deck. I watch guys lay their rods right next to their ankles near the troll pedal so you will see they have 3 to 6 rods each side bundle up on the deck. That Bassport has a rod tube we are able to put two rods easy in the location and on the other side there was another rod stap and we hung 3 on that side. The position allowed to clear the deck giving more deck space than any deck (simply because no rods were on the deck). Also we were able to suspend a "day box" in the forward part of the rod box while the rods were still in stow. And there is more... but that gives you a little idea of about the bassport. Now add the fact you will get significantly better fuel savings on big water, wil run better in the chop, less engine wear at some speed (due to lesser rpm). Add as Darris says " we don't know if we have the strongest transom in the industry as you know about 10 companies have made that claim but what we can say is that we have not had a transom failure for over 30 years".

7. Member
    Now I really got the speed bug, big time.. MET if your still out there I need a ride and some fishing tips..

Jim D.

8. Member
    I bought an xb21, I had a 2003 back a few years ago and it left with the ex wife, lol. I have ten ft power poles, minnkota 101,garmim7610 with pan transducer unit is 19.7 lbs full of tackle rods drinks with a 250xs and two people and I'm running 84.7 with a tempest 27. Any suggestions on a better prop?

9. Member
    Bravo 1 is my favorite Prop. A lot of guys use a Hydromotive and they seem to work well.

Just came from a Triton 21HP. No regrets. I fish LOADED also. Good holeshot good speed. Crazy storage. I really like the bucket seats

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SP1973 View Post
    Just came from a Triton 21HP. No regrets. I fish LOADED also. Good holeshot good speed. Crazy storage. I really like the bucket seats
    Which model Allison?

BasSport Pro Elite

13. Member
    I'm kind of new here, well been away for a long time. I also run a 2006 Ranger Z21 actually rebuilding it now (long story!) But I can't wait for the day I can switch to a new 21' Allison! And yes they are very sexy boats!

Couldn't remember my old login, but found it. I was lipripr, years ago on this board.

Welcome back!
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456