Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    will do....or, you could come to Lanier. Just let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny146 View Post
    After reading this I want one even more combine this with the XB21 in the boats for sale and I'm losing sleep. MET if you ever get down to Lake Oconee give me a shout I would love to see how that girl rides.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents about the "tippiness" of the XB-21 hull. I have found the XB-21 to be very stable when moving around on the front deck. In fact when I'm fishing in the boat alone (which is most of the time) it doesn't feel tippy to me at all. I have a minn kota TM with co-pilot too so I do move around alot on the front deck because I am not stuck at the pedal. However, when someone is moving around on the back deck the boat does seem more tippy than some of the more stable cookie cutter brands. My guess is that the significant deadrise of the hull at the aft end of the boat has alot to do with this behavior. So the way I see it, this aspect of the boat comes more into play for guys who often fish with back-seaters. I do not.
    Brad Luchsinger

2003 Allison XB-21 BasSport 2+2
    2004 Mercury Racing 250XS

1998 Xpress X70
    1998 Yamaha Vmax 150 TRP

2002 Triton 200XP

I came out of a Triton TR21 into a XB21 2+2 and I really did not see much difference in the tippiness, but the storage on the XB21 is more than double what the TR21 offers. I did reduce my rods down from 14 to 11. I keep my top 8 in the above deck for easy access! More speed, better fuel economy, better ride, and what a looker!!
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

4. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 22R View Post
    Would it be too much to ask that you post this in the General Bassboat Topics as well ??
    I would like to see the responses it would generate.

22R
    I'll let Rob decide if that is a good thing to do, I don't go over there as much as I should.

You're welcome Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    Thanks for the honest description of how this boat performed under tournament loading! Everything sounds nice but I don't thing I could get over the narrow deck and the tippiness but that is just me. Maybe one day Allison will come out with a wide body design.
    A "wide body design" would kill about 90% of the things that make the Allison the Best riding. fastest, and most fuel efficient boat on the market..
    I will take a little "tippiness" over having to ride in a wide body, bone jarring more stable boat.

Really enjoyed your assessment. Wish more brand comparisons were done like this. It was informative, honest and really well thought out. I doubt I will ever own an Allison as they are just not for me but I do enjoy reading and hearing about them and all other brands on here from guys with no axe to grand or trying to stir the poit. Sounds like you got yourself a hell of a boat and though I do not know you I am happy for you and hope it gives you many years of great fishing and memories. Thanks for taking the time to post the comparison. Really enjoyed it.

Thanks Mark...... Glad you enjoyed it. You are correct, no axe to grind. Had Rangers for years. Many things I love about them. The Allison is a different animal. Many things are much better and more enjoyable, other things are not. The 3 things for sure that are clearly different. The Allison is unique, it flys, and it rides so much better. Really love it so far. Appreciate the kind words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Really enjoyed your assessment. Wish more brand comparisons were done like this. It was informative, honest and really well thought out. I doubt I will ever own an Allison as they are just not for me but I do enjoy reading and hearing about them and all other brands on here from guys with no axe to grand or trying to stir the poit. Sounds like you got yourself a hell of a boat and though I do not know you I am happy for you and hope it gives you many years of great fishing and memories. Thanks for taking the time to post the comparison. Really enjoyed it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    ^^x2

9. Banned
    I'll let Rob decide if that is a good thing to do, I don't go over there as much as I should.

You're welcome Rob.
    LOL Lee. I don't think that's a good idea. I don't know if it's jealousy or the fear of the unknown...but there are a lot of people on BBC who hate the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Commander View Post
    LOL Lee. I don't think that's a good idea. I don't know if it's jealousy or the fear of the unknown...but there are a lot of people on BBC who hate the brand.

Lots of guys on here act threatened when someone chooses a brand different from them. Will never understand tbat. Rather than learning what Allison owners like about their boats some guts would rather take shots or turn it into a pissing match. I am willing to bet a lot that say an Allison has a bad rude etc have never even had a first hand experience in one. I have not so that us why I enjoy reading about the brand on here. An open mind is scary f or some.

11. Member
    Mark, you are so right...........owned a Champion many years ago and it was a great boat but Allison boats always intrigued me. I had an unfounded perception that being as fast as they were, the ride had to be horrible, etc. I let that belief keep me away from them for several years. Finally, I took a trip to see Lee Sanderson and go out in one, an XB2003 with a 225 Promax. I wasn't on that boat ride very long until I realized my perception was just plain wrong. That was back in 1999 and within a few months I purchased a new one from Lee...........I still have it and it has proven to be a great boat in all respects. I cannot imagine owning any other brand but I fully respect others who choose something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Commander View Post
    So true. One more thing could also be the way some Allison owners of the past have responded to others.

I remember the first Allison I ever saw back in the early 90's.. My first thought was I would never be caught dead in that thing.
    Looking back I would have say it was jealousy.. At the time I owned a Gambler which I thought was fast until I met up with the Allison. Not only could this fellow run circles around me me. He could also win most any tournament he wanted to fish.
    We later became very close friends. After riding with him I soon bought my first Allison. We both fished pro am tournaments for years before most all went to a team format.. During those years of fishing pro am's I never took anyone out that was not amazed with the boat.. Even when we had the 2003's .... Now that we have the 21's - they are even more amazed..

13. Banned
    I have owned 3 xb2002's and 1 xtb 21. I've also had a 20xd bullet and ranger. I can honestly say the Allison bass boat has the finest ride of any boat I've ever owned including a champion too. A new Ally 21 with a 300xs is the top of line. If you get a chance, try a 28-30 drag 4 prop. They like weight and fly.

14. Member
    Allison will be my next boat if Mercury can lighten the Verado to where it will work on the back of an Ally.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 32regulator View Post
    Allison will be my next boat if Mercury can lighten the Verado to where it will work on the back of an Ally.
    Couple of things to consider when placing a Verado on the back on an Allison; the weight penalty is easily displaced by relocating the batteries up front and you'll need a low water intake as the Allison's likes a surfacing prop.

No excuses if you want one bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 32regulator View Post
    I believe that day is coming.
    It's amazing what they can do with some of the 4 cylinder 4 stroke motors in hot rod cars these days..

17. Member
    There is a post in the3 liter Mercury forum stating it is looking like a big displacement light 4 stroke similar to the 150 will be at the Miami boat show in feb

I own a ranger but stalk the Allison facebook page and now this page and after reading this it just makes me want to get a xb21 bassport that much more! The amount of thought and ingenuity put into Allison's is just mind boggling........the little things like a working wind shield, head lights and telescopic front graph are things that no other cookie cutter brand has ever attempted to my knowledge. Keep it up Allison!!!
    2018 Nitro Z21

I'm better than you
    http://www.facebook.com/vincent.hytry

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    There is a post in the3 liter Mercury forum stating it is looking like a big displacement light 4 stroke similar to the 150 will be at the Miami boat show in feb

I often dream of a light 2.0ish litre 4cly 4 stroke twin turbo putting out 330-360hp and sips gas wen out of the boost on a 2002 :drool:

Quote Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
    I often dream of a light 2.0ish litre 4cly 4 stroke twin turbo putting out 330-360hp and sips gas wen out of the boost on a 2002 :drool:
    someday !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast