Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For what it's worth..............

I have run MANY, MANY, MANY different props on my XB2003 with 225X and 280 ROS......................there is simply none better than a Mercury Chopper II worked by Robbie Patterson..........................let me repeat, NONE BETTER!

I had a chopper that was worked by Dave Bostic.. It was magical.

3. Banned
    a 28 Drag 4 is also a excellent prop on a Allison

4. Member

USA

I have a 28 alley cut chopper that I aqiured from Roy roach who got it from Allison.. word is it was used in testing the 03 hull and such has Allison stamped on the prop....Its mean....very very mean..I need to make some clones of it before it gets destroyed... gave it to a bud down south to test drive..But I have ran them all from a bravo 1xs pro to a pro et which was the slowest most miserable prop I ever had ...But hands down in my experience for an 03 is in this order ...drag 4 , my alley cut chopper, an srx ,and maybe a TXP ot4...Other than that a trophy , But don't waste your money all the research has been done...I got 4% slip out of the drag 4 in my 03 tourney loaded..
    Maybe I could send the old alley chopper to Mr Patterson and see what he thinks of it and make some clones...
    YARG.....LET ER EAT!!

5. Member
    Not to highjack your post catfish but what's a good choice for an 02 comp . I see a lot of people running a merc et lightning but always wondered about the drag 4 on one..
    YARG.....LET ER EAT!!

Quite the bold statement there Bob.
    Last edited by silverbullet02; 10-19-2014 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Smiley face
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

7. Member
    Just my opinion, nearly everyone in here has one.....................

I've found it interesting that my boat doesn't seem to like what others do, or maybe it's me. Ran a couple drag 4s, even modified they ran ok, out of all the Hydromotive ot props I've ran, there was only one I liked, the rest were less than impressive. My DAH worked 26 trophy is a gem, a knob cut from Hydromotive runs great, and out of everything I've run a spinelli dr 4 is hands down the most impressive prop on mine. Amazing for being the same how much difference there is from boat to boat.

9. Member
    What pitch is your spenelli.....I have looked for one forever they are super hard to find and bring good money give me a holler
    YARG.....LET ER EAT!!

I said this many years ago when Mercury first came out with the Chopper II, I tested back to back many props none were as fast as the Chopper II.

11. Member
    Great props, and even better when worked by someone who knows what they are doing. Mine carries a load well too. Prop feels very locked into the water, not "flighty" at all.

26 ET cut chopper is the best I have ever ran on mine.

I had a hoss cut spinelli dr4 and it was a great handling prop but short on the topend, but it was cut not stock so........ running a hoss 26 hpd now and handles like a dream and is very quick,only other prop ran on this setup is a stock 24 chopper and the hoss is a nicer running prop and maybe 2mph faster.These were ran on xb2003's.

Quote Originally Posted by woundedwarrior View Post
    What pitch is your spenelli.....I have looked for one forever they are super hard to find and bring good money give me a holler
    Its a 30, but it doesn't run like a huge wheel, still pretty peppy.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish123 View Post
    I have run MANY, MANY, MANY different props on my XB2003 with 225X and 280 ROS......................there is simply none better than a Mercury Chopper II worked by Robbie Patterson..........................let me repeat, NONE BETTER!
    Did robbie do a specific cut on your prop ? Or just tweak it a little ?

16. Member
    Both

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish123 View Post
    Both

Quote Originally Posted by JTBULLET View Post
    little vague there-- leaves a lot to the imagination.

28 Hydromotive Quad IV OT is the best on my 03.
    Jeff Brazil - Allison XB2003 - 225 Mercury Promax

20. Member
    OK guys, I'm not being vague for any reason other than this..................................Although I am familiar with many of the different cuts that are made on props, this "cut" is unlike any I have seen before, so I really don't know what to tell you about t. Furthermore, I never made any effort to attempt to find out any specifics on the "tweaking" that was done. I had the prop, a brand new, Chopper II sent directly to Robbie. He knew what I was hoping to accomplish but I was a bit surprised that is was "cut" at all. When I asked Robbie about it, he said just try it and to let him know how I liked it. This is the 3rd Chopper II that he has worked for me. The first one, a 30 Chopper II, ran 97.1 mph on my XB2003 with a 225X. It was the fastest prop with that setup. I now have both a 28 Chopper II and a 26 Chopper II. Sorry I can't provide any more specific information but technically, I don't know any more. I'm driven by results and Robbie has always gotten them for me, regardless of my goals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast