Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Lol. Not done wet sanding. Every time I think we are done. There is more. Probly have 2 more days left.. I looked at a hds 8 touch for the dash today.pretty sure I am gona buy it . I am thinking of using the gauge screen on the unit instead of gauges.

i sanded aroud round the cooler and the other side today. Holy crap that sucked. Took like 4.5 hours
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Just talked to my best friend. Tomorrow is a sick day. Looks like I am going to a golf course in Naples. Gona be fun! I need a break

You might want to wait for Black Friday to purchase your hds 8, there has always been some good deals from bbc sponsors on electronic that time of year, possibly check out Tackle Warehouse on Black Friday also.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Ya that's a good plan, when I get something in my head about my boat that's all I think about.lol u know how it is. Today I looked at the hds 7 touch AGAIN, It's pretty cool. Pretty sure I am going to get it shortly, and the boat it not really down but it's being worked on I want to get it done with.

I am leaning towards not putting any gauges in the dash because that unit has them all built in. I just need to get the adapter thingy for the 08 opti.

Tomorrow I finish wet sanding for sure. I keep thinking one more day but it takes so long
    Last edited by 21gambler; 10-30-2014 at 08:37 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21gambler View Post
    Ya that's a good plan, when I get something in my head about my boat that's all I think about.lol u know how it is. Today I looked at the hds 7 touch AGAIN, It's pretty cool. Pretty sure I am going to get it shortly, and the boat it not really down but it's being worked on I want to get it done with.

I am leaning towards not putting any gauges in the dash because that unit has them all built in. I just need to get the adapter thingy for the 08 opti.

Tomorrow I finish wet sanding for sure. I keep thinking one more day but it takes so long
    Better check again.... To get the gauge display from Merc. you'll need a NMEA2000 Gateway and they ain't cheap. You can either go with a MerMonitor that provides gateway services or a gateway module that has no display. Here's a gateway module on ebay for 324.00. The MercMonitor is around 800.00.

New Mercury Engine NMEA 2000 Gateway Module Part 84 8M0065208 | eBay
    Last edited by yupitsme; 10-31-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 21gambler View Post

Bad idea IMO, not to put any gauges back in. You don't want to be using your HDS for watching gauges when you are navigating any new water or trying to find waypoints etc. Loose the speedo and put in a smartcraft gauge instead.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

7. Member
    Dang that thing is expensive

8. Member
    Lmao, still not done. Took a break. Going to start again tomorrow. My guess is we will be done sanding by fri. Definitely looking good.

9. Member
    All the clear coat is off!! Finally, holy freaking crap. My dad got the rest off today. Now we are starting to run through the different grits this week. Can't wait.

Sorry no pics. It all looks the same

Keep at it, you'll get there.

11. Member
    Past couple day the wet sanding was finished. Today started with the rubbing compound. Night and day difference! took a couple pictures. The transome area was just started so its half done, you can tell in the picture.

??does anyone know what product to use from pro tec??????

My seats came in on Friday. Mary Kay did an AWESOME job. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

12. Member
    Can't wait.
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    Man them seat would look amazing in my boat what does she charge for just the bench seat and center box

14. Member
    If I remember correctly it was a little over $600.00.

15. Member
    Ok thanks man

16. Member
    BJP84------actually it was 670 with the seat. I insured it for 30 $ at the post office just in case . She had the seat about a month. Can't believe how how good it looks ,not to mention how nice it feels. I think she put some kind of moisturizer on it.

17. Banned
    looks real good!

18. Member
    Yea mine are good no rips or anything but i hate the red seat the boat originally came with red carpet now it has a charcoal color and the seat looks out of place and if i remember right shes in florida right ??

19. Member
    Yep. Don't use anyone else! O ya and she was a little cheaper then other people. I was going to send it to her regardless

20. Member
    Mary Kay is top notch!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast