Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    i agree with hardhead one. it would be easy to chip in 10 or 20 bucks in a pool to pay someone to babysit all the rigs during the day/night. i would even ask motel people if you could put up a temp security camera during stay--put it up on a light pole or somewhere it would be hard to reach without a aid. i would love to babysit you guys toys but only problem is what would we do with the carcass(s) come daylight. having sandy soil nearby would be a plus. another thought is to get you a gps tracking system like we use on hunting dogs and place the tracking device in bottom of a tackle bag that you would know they would see and take.when you get up and you have been hit get your tracking device out and go right to them. not full proof but a idea.

2. Member
    Silent alarm on boat.. Gun in hand. Or sleep under the cover with gun in hand. Wireless remote camera's with cell phone app.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    Why does this lake have more thefts than other lakes?
    Cause there are 9000 ramps on that lake and on weekends there are about a million fisherman there...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

4. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiawaKid View Post
    Where was your boat?
    At the Wyndham off 431 that is on the lake in G'ville. There is a ramp at the hotel everyone and their brother uses and areas where boats park. No security cameras or security personnel (although I'm told they had security in the past). Never an issue until staying at this place. It's right on the main drag by the Waffle House....Mmm Waffle House. Sorry, sidetracked myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    Why does this lake have more thefts than other lakes?
    It appears there is a growing meth problem in the area. Plus, lots of anglers visit and are easy targets, like me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardhead1 View Post
    I would think if a club tourny was coming to town, why not hire your own security patrol and collect from ea. member for the weekend, a few extra dollars from ea. member would pay for a couple of guards for the night shift.
    Good idea. Pricey though. Just make sure it's not a meth head you hire lol. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Melton Jason View Post
    Saw that on your Instagram the other day. Man that sucks!
    Thanks man. I mean, I didn't want to go to Lake Fork this week anyways.....

Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    It doesnt matter where I stay, everything of value comes out of the boat and into the room. Rods, reels, electronics, high dollar crankbait boxes. My stuff is worth my time to secure it.
    I always hated doing that, but I fully understand why people do it now. Thinking about having some carpet decals made saying, "the damn boats empty, move along!"

Quote Originally Posted by m.t.hands View Post
    I got hit on the Arkansas river at little rock, and at t-bend, my truck at little rock and my boat at t-bend, and I mean they cleaned me out, I know it is a PITA but I take all tackle, rods, and finders into my room if I'm on the road, no body of water is immune, but I will agree we have way more than we should, I too will keep my eyes open and an ear to the ground for ya 93
    Thank you. It sucks for sure. Sorry for your loss as well.

Thanks John, Richard, and Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    I find this runs in spurts, depending on the group of thieves involved and who is in jail. They caught a ring on Toledo Bend a while back, and figured they were involved in a lot of incidents. I have taken my stuff out my boat for years. it's a pain, but I don't want to take that chance. I have been to tournaments over the years where they hit different hotels and places, the last was up in Bossier City for a Red River Tx. I fished.
    I remember hearing about that because a few members on here were hit. Huge theft ring. Damn bastages.

Quote Originally Posted by wentbroketryingtogopro View Post
    keep your eyes opened this weekend guys.
    keep them open at all times.

Thanks everyone again for the wishes.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

5. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    Cause there are 9000 ramps on that lake and on weekends there are about a million fisherman there...
    That's the best way of putting it. On another note,matte officers said that private boat houses rarely have issues, so if you can (and there are some good deals on VRBO) rent a house.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

6. Member
    I would think if you knew enough in advance on the dates your club will be fishing, a call to the local Sheriff Dept. could come up with few off duty officer's that would like some extra cash for one or two nights of security for a couple of hundred bucks each. I know that would let me sleep better knowing that they were out there watching. Divided by ever how many that is staying there is cheaper than most entry fee's cost.

I always bring my stuff inside the room with me, I saw a good idea on one of these posts about a guy carrying a duffel with wheels, I own two of them. Transfer all his tackle and electronics into that then into the room. In the AM bring the whole bag back out and install all your gear back into the boat. I don't think there is any way to leave your stuff in your boat and have it secure so I will be duffel bagging it into my room. The security guard is a good idea, but not sure I would still be trusting enough to leave my gear. To difficult to replace.
    Ken Snyder
    92 Allison XTB 21, 200 Mariner

I hate thieves...

Sorry to hear your stuff got stolen.

Stupid thieves!!!!! Sorry you r stuff was taken.

Did you have a cover on the boat? I don't take my stuff out, but I always put the cover on.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wentbroketryingtogopro View Post
    keep your eyes opened this weekend guys.
    +1. The thieving sorry asshats will be out in full force this weekend with all of the folks here for the Oakley Big Bass tournament so bring everything inside just to be safe. Would be a good weekend for the Guntersville Police Dept to run a sting operation
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

The thieves got broke into my boat on the night of Oct. 3rd. I had my stuff in the room but I locked the lids, which they busted the locks. The boat beside mine had 12 rod and reels stolen. I was staying at the Hampton Inn just off Hwy. 431. The Hotel didn't have security cameras either. If your staying there BEWARE!!
    I BELIEVE!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12