detwiler jp and powerpoles

I have a detwiler on my cougar and dual poles. I have the larger offset brackets and do not like the amount of movement/ flex and drag they have. Is it possible to drill the detwiler like an atlas and buy the shorter heavy duty brackets? This would allow me to go to 10' if id ever want it.

Thanks

We have done that and added a back spacer to the gap between the angle plates to give that area some clearance.
    Works pretty well!

3. Member
    Any chance you have pictures of what you did? I guess I'm confused as to what angle plates your referring too. The two plates on the corner of the jackplate? Thanks for the help, another reason your the best in the business!

Im Assuming this is what you are talking about the two corner plates that the motor mounts too.

This may be a better idea of where abouts you guys are drilling it. A, or B
    Also your drilling and tapping? or just drilling and bolting straight through?

Thank You Again!
    Last edited by MrClean41; 10-09-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Sorry, no pics of the install. Basically it's the gap behind the section ofthe arrow pointing to B. Almost as far back as you can drill.

5. Member
    I have a detwiler and had a PP on my boat with the PP factory bracket and it had so much drag I could not get on plane....had to pull the powerpole and bracket completely off the boat but starting to wonder how to make it work on my 2010 puma FTD with spring coming I would really like to have it functional....this work for that as well?

The mount should work for that, though you do have to watch the cowling clearance as the offset on the plate width is different.

7. Member
    I got it done, it is tight with only 1" of space between the outer moving part of the plate and the stationary "base". The poles need to be tilted out just a bit so the clearance can be made to the cowling. I Measured off the back of the plate in 13/16ths and drilled the holes there. I was able to take and modify the washers slightly to match the inner radius of the aluminum angle so they squeezed through. WAY WAY better option if you have the capability to do a few measurements and pop a couple of 1/2" holes. MEASURE 4X and drill once lol.
    Much sturdier mount, no wobble, almost no drag getting on pad and coming off. Here are a few pictures of the finished product.

8. Member
    Nicely done. What hardware (bolts, #washers, spacers) did you use to attach?
    What is that plate on nut to span the hole?

i have 2011 FTD 250 XS and 12’ talons and Hyd Detweiler and would like to go back with the side mount also.

9. Member
    I have the same issues on a 2010 Puma. What PP bracket did you use?