1985 Cajun Bass Boat

Hey guys i just bought a 1985 Cajun bass boat, im not sure of which model it is. It has a 90HP merc on it, motor runs good and compression test went good. The boat needs new wiring and a piece of the floor. I paid $500. I was wondering if you had any diagrams for the basic wiring of this boat. The only thing that works on the boat is power tilt/trim and starting the motor. I was thinking one battery for trolling motor and accessory's and ne fr starting will this be enough? or should i use one for cranking, one for trolling motor, and one for accessories. also what size wire 4, 6, 10 guage? any information on wiring diagrams or wire size, fuses, or about the bat it would be awesome!!
    thanks
    -matt-

2. Member

Re: 1985 Cajun Bass Boat (bassmaster6)

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

3. Cajun Boats/MN Fishing Reports Moderator DJ from MN's Avatar

I can't identify the boat but you basically bought a trailer and they threw in the boat and motor. Crank and Acc. usually run off the same batt. One or two for the troller depends on if you have a 12 or 24 volt TM.

Welcome aboard and looks like you have a project that could turn out to be really nice.

4. Member

Re: 1985 Cajun Bass Boat (DJ from MN)

Ok thanks dj, i checked and i only have room for two anyways, ripped out the old wiring today, except wat was working, tilt trim, tach, throttle, wired a positive to a fuse block now im going to start wiring my front and rear lights, should i run power to the fish finders for should i wait untill i get the fish finders? do the fish finders come with thier wn battery cable?
    thanks
    -matt-

5. Member

Looks to me like it could be a Maverick2. I have a Maverick. It differs from the Maverick2 in the consoles. Mine has one. The "2" has two. The wiring diagram for mine was under the lid for the battery box (aftmost compartment) but it didn't identify guage, just color. Current load for anything other than the motor is pretty benign so 12-14ga will probalby be fine.

Using a terminal block is a good idea. I'm going to install two blocks when I get that far in the rehab - one for hot, one for ground. I'm also installing an on-board charger. The great thing about a deck-off restore is that I get to run pvc conduit for wire chases.

6. Member

Re: 1985 Cajun Bass Boat (mawilson)

Do you have any pics of your boat mawilson? what do you have for a motor? what are you getting for speed?
    The wiring is all finished now im going to start puttng a new floor in, any tips on fiberglassing would be apreciated!!
    thanks
    -matt-

7. Member

8. Member

9. Member

10. Member