Ranger 365v is it worth it?

Hello all first time poster but have been lurking a lot the past few days. Here's my dilemma. We are purchasing a house up in clear lake CA on the water with it's own dock. The previous owner passed away last year and left his 1992 ranger 365v in the water. The owners grandson inherited the house and never came down to look at or do any maintence to the boat so it has been just sitting for at least a year(possibly more) in the water without being started once.

Now originally the listing said the boat came with the house but he recently changed the listing and took the boat out in order to lower the houses appraisal. We wanted the boat and asked him if we could purchase it separate from the house since what's the point of having a dock in your backyard if there's no boat. He told us that the boat was very well maintained and he set the price at $7000.

So when we went up to look at the house I immediately noticed that the boat was not as nice as we were led to believe. The prop has been sitting in the water for at least a year and has a lot of moss and algae growing on the entire submerged surface. There is a cover over the top but when I lifted up the passenger side to look at the condition of the interior I found a lovely infestation of spiders. Theres all kinds of dirt dust dead bugs spiderwebs and trash under the cover to the point that I didn't want to take the cover all the way off and get inside the boat to look around thoroughly.

I took pictures of the interior and motor as well as a short video showing what I saw. Now my question is how much would this boat be worth in this condition since no one is sure that it runs and will need to clean out the mess inside and take a look at the motor to make sure nothing needs to be replaced before it's able to start up.

Also we looked everywhere and there doesn't seem to be a trailer for the boat on the property so getting it out of the water to take it to a shop is another issue. the boat probably looks worse than it is but I'm new to all this.

What do you guys think the value of this boat should be set at without a trailer and in it's current condition with a 175 hp black max mercury engine. How much do you think it would cost to bring it back to it's former glory? I included the pictures and a link to the video on youtube. Thanks for taking a look.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dncy; 10-02-2014 at 05:41 AM. Reason: forgot link :P

2. Member
    Only thing I can see in your thread is the heading, nothing in the post. also opened on my phone, same thing. Not sure what is going on.
    I have an 89 365, bought it when it was just a few months old from the original owner's father (owner went to jail).
    Love it.
    It was the perfect boat for us when were young and spent every weekend at the lake with friends.
    Later on, I replace the front rod compartment cushions with carpeted deck. I just recently made a deck extension to fill in between the rod lockers and moved the seat base that was in the floor up to the new deck extension. Moving the front seat back 2+ feet literally makes the boat fish like it is 3' longer, best thing I ever did to it.
    Things left to do are, more modern looking windshields(I remove the originals during warm weather), bench seat reupholstered and more power.
    Last edited by Whitebeard; 10-02-2014 at 10:48 AM.

3. Member
    OK, I can now see your post and pics. Video is not working for me but...
    Anyway, looks to have been sitting for much more than a year.
    As it sits, without any further inspection, IMO, he will be lucky to get half of his 7k.
    Without any further inspection and anyone knowing it's true condition, I would offer 2k and see what happens.
    You might win, you might lose. It is a 22yr old boat, that looks to have spent it's whole life outside at that dock.
    I am NOT a wheeler dealer lol, my price may be WAY off. I have only bought one boat in my life, fortunately it was a keeper.

EDIT: saw the video on you other thread , if the floors are solid and you can get it cheap <1k , it would be worth the effort to me. It is definitely a project, they do clean up well. Looks far from turn-key lol.
    Last edited by Whitebeard; 10-02-2014 at 02:14 PM.