Talons allowing me to turn in the wind

I bought my 2012 z520 with 2 6ft talons already installed. Even if I'm in only 4ft of water when the wind blows it allows me to turn. What can I do to fix that?

2. Banned
    Its not getting down enough in the mud or you're on rock shelf (flat rocks), nothing will help that. But contact Minn Kota and see what they say. You haven't given us any environmental info on what you're achoring on thats not holding.

3. Member
    Can you hear it "drive" the three more times after it hits bottom. If so, as asked above, what type bottom.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    What is odd to me is that it seems to be on any kind of bottom. I could understand if it were a very hard bottom, but even on medium to softer bottoms they will allow my boat to turn with the wind. I've tried playing with the angles to give them a wider stance for stability and nothing seems to be working. Im just going to contact minn Kota. Thank you both for your help and suggestions.
    Trey

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coiletrey View Post
    I bought my 2012 z520 with 2 6ft talons already installed. Even if I'm in only 4ft of water when the wind blows it allows me to turn. What can I do to fix that?
    Swap them for a set of POWER POLES !
    2009 Z8 -2013 250 PRO XS-Dual 10' Power Pole Blades-Humminbird 1198,1197,998-MG 109-

6. Member
    I wish I could! I'm a college angler so that's a little easier said than done at this point haha

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coiletrey View Post
    You have 6' talons and are talking about 4' water. Depending on how they are mounted on the boat, you may have less than 6' going down to hold. I don't know what you're definition of "allows me to turn" is. Does it mean the bow will twist from side to side and if so how much? Are the Talons mounted on the Talon brackets that set them out close to the sides, are are they mounted close to the outboard/centerline of the boat?
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]