cajun boat seats

hello everyone i am now the proud owner of a 95 cajun 18 ft bassboat and am looking for a new bench seat for my boat the boat is in excel shape except for the seat is ther any way to get a new one

2. Member

Re: cajun boat seats (critter)

Check the manufactures of Cajun parts forum there are a couple upholstery places there that might take care of you
    & Welcome Aboard the Worlds best Bassboat web site

Doc Irv Custom Bait Pro/Staff
    http://docirvcustombaits.com/tacklebox/

Re: cajun boat seats (goose)

will do thanks

4. Member

Hey Critter, I have a 95 also and replaced the bench seat with three seperate seats custom made by Deans. Whish I could show you some picks but I already have it in storage for the winter. There are two seats with high backs and a small center seat with a flip down back for stepping thru to the back casting deck. All the seat bottoms flip over to acess the storage under the seats. This arrangement works better than having to lift the whole bench seat up. Deans even put the Cajun logo on the backs of the seats. The seats look like a Basscat model with a shaped hole in the back.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

Re: cajun boat seats (scubatelco)

WISH I COULD SEE IT I DONT KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO DO EVERY TIME I SIT ON IT I GET SOAKED EVEN WHEN ITS BEEN DRY FOR A WEEK . I MIGHT HAVE A LOCAL UPHOLSTRY GUY DO IT BUT I TS GOING TO BE $$$ CAUSE OF THE DIFFERENT COLORS THANKS FOR THE INFO

6. Member

I had mine recovered on one of my Cajuns. Just do like I did - change the color to a grey that matches close to the carpet (or whatever color carpet you have). Medium Grey works well with most anything.
    All the best,
    Glenn

7. Member

SCUBATELCO Hi! could you e-mail me please ?? I have ???'s about the work Dean's did for you. ...... Bluegill

8. Member

Re: cajun boat seats (bluegillbill)

Bluegill, don't have your email address? I hope you don't want pictures cause the boat is in storage till spring. I set my account to email me with replys to this reply
    Thanks

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

9. Member

Hi! was wanting to know about your seat on your cajun, Mainly the logo that dean put on it did they do the whole logo or just the letters and how long ago did you have this work done?????? thanks bluegill

10. Member

Bluegill, They put the Cajun logo that was just letters. It is not the logo with the crawfish. They did my new seats about two years ago, metal frames with three seats that hinge forward to get to the storage. It works out better than the one large hinged bench seat.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

11. Member

okay thanks for that info. Iwas looking for the crawfish logo. again thank you.......................bluegill

12. Member

Hello, did you find the Cajun Logo???? I am also looking???? You can email me @ techmaan@cox.net.

13. Member
    I have a 1993 19' Cajun Travis Edition, 6 months ago I removed the factory bench seats and had them redone. Now I can't remember how to put them back in. Does anyone have factory bench seat to show me how they're installed. The only holes that are showing are for the bench seat with the piano hing. Any help would be wonderful. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by techmaan View Post
    Hello, did you find the Cajun Logo???? I am also looking???? You can email me @ techmaan@cox.net.
    I have several versions of the Cajun logo (including the crawfish). Shoot me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    WISH I COULD SEE IT I DONT KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO DO EVERY TIME I SIT ON IT I GET SOAKED EVEN WHEN ITS BEEN DRY FOR A WEEK . I MIGHT HAVE A LOCAL UPHOLSTRY GUY DO IT BUT I TS GOING TO BE $$$ CAUSE OF THE DIFFERENT COLORS THANKS FOR THE INFO
    You'll likely find that reupholstering will be similar in cost to buying new aftermarket seats. But redoing the factory version will likely keep you at the same ride height/position. And you won't have to do any alteration to get aftermarket seats to fit.
    I replaced my original bench with Wise buckets only because I got a great deal on them. I had to do a lot of work to get them installed the way I wanted. Wish I would have kept my old seat and reupholstered it at times.

16. Member
    I have a 1996 185sc I took the bench seat out. Built a plywood plate covered with carpet and mounted a three position seat two bucket seats and a wider one between them for a perfect fit. Made another plate covered with carpet for behind the seats. Installed two speakers and a new stereo in the 3" speedometer hole. Came out awesome. The seats came from Bass Boat Seats.com.