Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
  1. Member
    Spokane Valley WA but spend most of our time in North Idaho

Looking for Inforamtion on my Cajun boat.

Maybe I found the way.New Seat .jpg Does any one know the model name? I have Vin but does not say model name. Just tried it out yesterday and runs great. Has a 55 pound thrust Minnkota Electric. Ran about 42 mph as per GPS was plenty fast for this old guy. Will try to hold it back. No way to get a Emanuel. The Tach does not work and all so there is a swith under the gas guage the says gas ??? does not seem to do anything. Do the replys show in my email?

2. Member
    Can't help you with the name but that a sweet rig! looks very clean!
    Shawn.D
    2015 Phoenix 618pro w/ 150 Evinrude Etec HO

3. Member
    It's a fish and ski, that much I can tell you. The layout looks similar to mine. I can't see whats going on for the rear seats, but I only have two in the rear with a live well in between them. Mine is an 88 Cajun Espirit 168 sport.

Look a few posts back for a pic I posted of mine and see if it's similar.
    -Jason-

4. Member
    that looks to be a "Demon II", they were 15'10", and rated for 70 HP, the last two digits of the serial number should give the year, I have a 1985 model that my dad bought new, it has a full width windshield, later years it went to individual ones like yours
    they also produced a "Demon I", it was a single console.

Be sure to check your transome, the tops of them under the aluminum trim was open plywood,

What's up guys. Just picked up an 84 Ricky Green Fishing Machine edition w/ a 200hp Johnson. Boat is all original and I plan on keeping it that was. Just need to sand and reclear the top, some new carpet, floor repair and the usual wiring resto. I plan on using the hell out of it this year as its my first bass boat.

kyle

Welcome and good on you for keepin the faith.

OH, my it seems these old Cajun boards need as must resto as the boat. Just got my first bass boat and looking forward to making her nice again. Espirit 185. Gonna need all the advice you pros have

Hello,
    Nice boat! Here's mine!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have original factory wiring diagram if you are interested!!

Hey folks, old post I know but, Donnie from Tennessee
    Here's my 84 deux voix....
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    20190630_113755.jpg

1988 Cajun Espirit 175 Sport with 135hp. Been loved for 31 years buy its original owner, who graciously passed it on to me today.

12. Member
    Just picked up an 1987 Cajun Espirit 185 with a mercury 175 outboard. Couldn’t pass on the price of $500... it’s a basket case that needs new seats carpet etc. so good winter project but the motor is solid and boat is too.

590060EF-D885-4748-A5F9-5FEA67CE6D2E.jpeg

13. Member

Detective work...

IMG_20200504_173521279.jpg
    Hello, everyone... Question: My '94 Cajun 179 Pro (Travis Edition) has a couple of controls in the bow that I don't understand. In the pic above, the timer control on the left and the toggle switch next to it... the rheostat on the back is all rusted out, and the toggle does nothing when switched (could be the switch... will be checking that today). In the next pic, you see the black box behind the panel, cracked open and probably worthless. There are no numbers/brands or other info on the box, so no help there. Someone wrote on the black box with a silver marker but it is illegible.
    IMG_20200504_173601244.jpg
    All in all, would appreciate some opinions on what these two controls do, and what the symbols above and below the toggle switch mean. My best guess would be a timer on the aerators for the live wells? No real idea at this point.
    Thanks, all!!

Well, the guess above was right! Replaced the switch and the live well aerators came on. The "auto" position on the switch most definitely goes to the little black box which is controlled by the rheostat. Both the black box and the rheostat are toast, so I still don't know how that is supposed to operate nor why you might want some kind of timer on the live wells... if indeed that is what that is. Maybe if it cycled the aerators on/off on a given timing, controlled/set by the rheostat? Maybe? Do I even care?
    Thanks again, everyone! Looking forward to some ideas from people more experienced at this than I.
    Last edited by Seriouslyjim; 05-13-2020 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Update...
    SeriouslyJim
    Jim Norton
    '94 Cajun 179 Pro

14. Member
    Yep the reostat is to control the aerator pumps time on and off cycle. This helps from draining the battery with the pumps on all the time. You should be able to find a replacement timer control (black box).

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

15. Member
    Ahh, thank you... that makes sense, now. I did a quick search and while I don't see anything like the original, I see a couple that I think would do to replace it. Hadn't seen anything like it before (my buddy's Skeeter doesn't have it) and with the general condition of the electronics in the boat, I was having trouble putting 2+2 together. I have the electrical 100% figured out, now... just waiting for parts to come in.

Thanks again!!
    SeriouslyJim
    Jim Norton
    '94 Cajun 179 Pro

16. Member
    Hi all,

I just picked up this 93 Rajin Cajun 18'

61394081082__7DBC354F-7B90-4F3B-8252-36CCD4C29F23.JPG

17. Member
    Looks nice! Good luck with it... keep it out of the weather when you're not using it... you know... the usual!
    SeriouslyJim
    Jim Norton
    '94 Cajun 179 Pro

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriouslyjim View Post
    Ahh, thank you... that makes sense, now. I did a quick search and while I don't see anything like the original, I see a couple that I think would do to replace it. Hadn't seen anything like it before (my buddy's Skeeter doesn't have it) and with the general condition of the electronics in the boat, I was having trouble putting 2+2 together. I have the electrical 100% figured out, now... just waiting for parts to come in.

Thanks again!!
    Update... the new timer is in, all the electrical is now 100%. Used up the first gallon of epoxy resin on the new wood, waiting for the 2nd gallon to arrive, then it's off to the replace-the-carpet races. And who knows?... should be fishing by July!!
    Thanks for the advise, guys... ttyl!!
    SeriouslyJim
    Jim Norton
    '94 Cajun 179 Pro

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415