Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Member

Re: Cajun owners sign in: (DJ from MN)

It is nice to finnaly find a faithful gathering of dedicated Cajun owners. I just might have to stay awhile. Black & red 189 Pro Travis Edition w/ Johnson 150 Faststrike. Damm I love my boat.....

2. Cajun Boats/MN Fishing Reports Moderator DJ from MN's Avatar

Re: Cajun owners sign in: (crazyfisher)

Welcome aboard Chris.....glad you joined us. Got any pics you can share with us?

Jump in any old time you get the urge. Lots of ? that need answers around here and another opinion is always welcome....

DJ

3. Member

I thank you for the welcome aboard. I was wanting to post some photos of my boat, just not sure where to post them. Please advise.

Crazyfisher

4. Cajun Boats/MN Fishing Reports Moderator DJ from MN's Avatar

Re: Cajun owners sign in: (crazyfisher)

Right here on the Cajun forum.......

Just open a new thread and let fly. If you post under an old thread they are less likely to be noticed.

5. Member

Re: 1991 CAJUN 2050 F/S W/ 1991 JOHNSON 225 (NoBoatBassman)

The best Cajun boat has to be the 1997 Esprit 1800 Fish N' Ski with a 150 HP Mariner. Hey, I just happen to have one!

6. Cajun Boats/MN Fishing Reports Moderator DJ from MN's Avatar

Re: 1991 CAJUN 2050 F/S W/ 1991 JOHNSON 225 (TurboDog)

Hi Rod. Welcome to the Cajun Forum...Jump in any old time you get the urge. You got any pics of your ride to post on here?????

7. Member

Dino
    In the market for a bay boat?

I'm in the process of closing the deal on a 1994 Cajun/Mastercraft Kingfisher or Fishmaster, the owner says this was the last year Cajun made this boat before Mastercraft took over. The boat is:

1994 Cajun/Mastercraft 1950 Kingfisher or Fishmaster??not sure
    Center Console
    150 Evinrude Intruder SS prop
    Single axle galv trailer
    24 volt troll
    GPS/FF combo

The owner had the transom reenforced, cause he said it would flex a little. I looked the boat over especially at the transom and did not notice any sign of damage. But has any other owners had this problem? Oh the owner is listing the boat for $4950, is this a deal?

I would appreciate any info that yall can provide.

GO ARMY!!

Dino

8. Cajun Boats/MN Fishing Reports Moderator DJ from MN's Avatar

Re: Cajun owners sign in: (Dino)

Hey Dino, welcome to the Cajun forum. I don't know how much bay boat information there is on here. Wait and see if anyone comes on and gives you some info. I for sure know nothing about a bay boat.

I do know that unless that 150 far exceeds the rated HP of the boat the transom should be rock solid without any extra reinforcement... If it were me I wouldn't walk away, I'd run away.

If you want general boat info and opinions, go over and post this question in the lounge and you may get more response. If nothing else the posters over there are rather opinionated, but a great bunch of guys. Don't worry about subject matter over there (except political which is barred) and no question is dumb or unimportant. The only dumb question is the one that never got asked.

Have you checked NADA to see what they price this boat at??//

Keep coming back til ya get the answer DJ

9. Member

Hi guys. glad to find this place for like minded CAJUN owners.
    proud owner of 97 RAGIN CAJUN 185,150 Johnson Faststrike,Jackplate& 4 Bladed 23 inch Rennagade prop.Runs in mid 60's. Anybody else on Tennessee river let me know.

How do I send pictures?

10. Cajun Boats/MN Fishing Reports Moderator DJ from MN's Avatar

Re: Cajun owners sign in: (riverrat1199)

Hi Steve. Almost missed this post. Welcome aboard Cajun land on the BBC. To my knowledge this is the only Cajun forum on the Internet. I'm not sure how many Cajun owners are on here, but quite a few.

Jump in any time you have any information for someone else or need help with a problem of your own. Someone on here will probably be able to help you out.

DJ

11. Member
    Hey gang I an a new cajun boat owner, was given one and now I am in the process of restoring it I am sure I will have plenty of questions in the future.

12. Cajun Boats/MN Fishing Reports Moderator DJ from MN's Avatar

Re: (freedomauto)

Welcome aboard Joe... Just jump in any ole time you have a question and we will try and get you and answer..........

13. Member

I also own a Cajun in MN

Well this site sure has had a face lift since when "I thought I signed up about 9 months ago." Looks good. I purchased a super clean Cajun in April of 2004, signed up here and never posted, i won't let that happen again.

Here is what I have.
    1988 Cajun Espirit Entrepreneur (Original decals removed, butt ugly)
    175 OMC Cobra/Sterndrive
    Motorguide Trolling Motor 41Lb./24 volt(might be original, still functions very well)
    Eagle Electronics
    Rides on Cajun Trailboss Trailer (Had original tires when I purchased it)

I believe I have all of the original manuals.
    Including
    -service/spec manual for all the sterndrive motors and outdrive
    -original trolling motor warranty materials
    -more I can't remeber off hand

The one thing I do have that some of you may be interested in is the Official 1988 Cajun Buyers Guide. It has tons of photos of all the models, breakdowns on each, photos of the factory, explanations of manufacturing processes, and tons more about why we should have all bought cajuns. I think it also has the latest in Cajun Sportswear, nothing looks better than those silky fishing jackets and giant mesh ball caps.

You would not believe how clean this boat and trailer is. I baby it also.
    Pictures to come soon.

Need to update my info in owners list also.

Modified by MN ESOX CAJUN at 3:04 PM 2/17/2005

14. Member
    Hi there, I'm new to the board. I just towed home my new (to me) 1993 Cajun Pro 150 with an 85hp Yamaha. Need to figure out what all the drain plugs are for and which ones I can take out and when I can take them out. I know some are for the livewells....You'll have to forgive me. The only bass boat I've ever been on was a 10' Alumacraft.

15. Member

Re: (Spot77)

I am not familiar with your particular model. But on my '83 Brute III there were plugs in the bottom of the livewell, which you removed to drain them after you load your boat back on the trailer. They drained into the bilge. Then you take out the plug on the bottom of the transom to drain the bilge. And then, the last thing you check before you launch your boat again is to make sure all plugs are back in (including the livewell drain plugs). Other wise, you will get wet feet! I also recommend installing a second, automatic bilge pump!

16. Member

is anybody there?

17. Member

Re: Cajun owners sign in: (johnlhart)

Thanks Luckyal.

The weather cooperated a little today so I was able to really look into the bilge and trace hoses and wires. What a mess!

There's a switch on the dash marked "fuel", and I have no idea what it's for. I have an 85hp Yamaha on the boat, no oil injection, and an internal 12 gallon gas tank. There's an electric choke right next to the throttle.

Anybody have any idea what this "fuel" switch is for?

18. Member

Hey DJ,
    This is DJ from Montana. I use to own a 18' Bass Tracker (the last year made before they named it Nitro) with a 150 Black Max Mercury. It sunk in the spring of 2004, with me aboard, during a raging storm on Fort Peck Lake, here in Montana. (I didn't sink though!) Ha-ha! Late last fall (2004), I located a boat in Kansas that a guy brought up from Texas, who wanted to sell it. I went to Kansas, checked it out and purchased from him a 1992 Cajun 1750 F/S Travis Edition, powered with a 1992 Johnson Fast Start 175. My fishing buddy and I ran the boat in Kansas before I bought it and I mean to tell you that it runs like a rabbit with it's behind on fire! There isn't a jack plate, but wonder how much more it would do with one. The way the back underside of the boat is designed, it looks almost like a jack plate is built into the transom. It needs a few things done to it, but not a whole lot. But, my buddy and I are going to redo the decks and add some more lids/hatches, so a person doesn't have to be a contortionist to get to the batteries, etc. Also adding two more livewells. One between the consols and another between the two rear seats. The small well on the front deck I'll use as a cooler. Speaking of coolers........ It blew me away when I opened what I thought was the glove box and found that it was a monster cooler. Are all the Cajuns like that? Our first tournament is April 16th, so we don't have a whole lot of time to get everything done. I can't wait to get back out on the water and start catcching those monster smallies at Fort Peck Lake.

DJ DaNorski

Modified by DaNorski at 8:41 PM 2/22/2005
    DaNorski

19. Member

Re: Cajun owners sign in: (DaNorski)

DaNorski,

My Cajun also has a monster "glove box", cooler with the drain plug. It is the 1988 Fish/Ski pictured above. Pretty neat deal, I have not tried it out with beverages yet though.

20. Member

Re: Cajun owners sign in: (Spot77)

I think the "fuel" switch just turns the power off to the gas gage. It's not really important.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast