Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Member

Re: Cajun owners sign in: (DJ from MN)

New Cajun owner here. 1984 Ricky Green Fishing Machine 150 Mariner

2. Member

Hey guys, I guess I'm the newest new guy so the cheeseburgers are on me...
    I just got a used 86 Cajun Maverick this March and have been bringing her back with a much needed infusion of cash and TLC. Anybody have a manual for this old lady? I sure could use a copy of one.....

3. Member

I am a Cajun owner, and I have to tell you, it is a great boat. However, I am thinking of selling it for a little bigger boat. It is a 1992 Travis Edition Fish and Ski. I have added a new stereo, steering cable, and fish finder. It runs great with the 115 HP Johnson on the back. Do you have any idea how much the boat is worth? I bought it from my Borther in Law for a good price, but I would like to know what it is worth and NADA doesn't list this particular boat. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks,
    Bob Clark

4. Member

Bought my 93 Rajun Cajun Pro 189 with 175 Johnson(motor still has a few minor problems) in Feb 2004. Runs great and dry, very solid boat. Working on the finish right now.
    David Disler / Porter TX

5. Member

Re: Cajun owners sign in: (ddsl796)

JUST bought a 21 ft. cajun grand bateau western edition,has a 300 merc on it,,needs some cosmedic work to the insde ,,looks good,,havent tested it yet,,will see how fast it will go,,,MIKE

6. Member
    I have a 1990 178 pro sport with 120 evinrude and it looks almost new been mostly kept in garage, have moved from fl. to kentucky, just 20 minutes from kentucky lake. love my boat.

7. Cajun Boats/MN Fishing Reports Moderator DJ from MN's Avatar

Re: (Blue Cajun)

YEEEE-HAAAAAAAAW. another Cajun owner checking in. Welcome aboard Sam (Blue Cajun).....Jump in any old time an don't be afraid of none of these guys on here.....They get a bit questionable some times but they are harmless.....<>< DJ

8. Member

Re: (DJ from MN)21 foot cajun grand master bateau,western edition

i need a wiring diagram,owners manual anything for this boat,,1st bass boat i ever owned,,thanks mike

9. Member
    1985 cajun, model is unknown, fish and ski model with johnson 150 gt. just bought the boat and did a little digging around on the net to see what i could find out about the construction of the hull. found this forum to be the most information i could find after a rigourous search. looking forward to seeing if this boat will ride as smooth as i have been reading.hull seems to be in good shape but i need to replace one of the windows and the carpet/seats. it was fully rigged to the max. has a deep v bottom and a sleek look about it. i need to try and rejuvinate the deck area with something. thinking of doing something other than carpet. going to be doing mostley salt water fishin at my favorite spots down here in south louisisana....any suggestions?..cheers

10. Member
    Hi Hydro if i wanted to change my deck for salt water fishing i would take off the carpet and clean the deck really good, then i would paint it with epoxy paint put some sand in the paint that will keep your feet on the deck. you can buy sand for paint at a store that sells house paint. that will make the deck waterproof and use any color to match the boat. I have used that type paint to waterproof wood. it will work great. (ps. dont buy the 2 part paint )

1991 CAJUN 2050 F/S W/ 1991 JOHNSON 225

Love my cajun - all new paint, upholstery, and fresh motor. would rather rebuild than replace.

REDNECKFRANK
    SIMMS, TX
    1991 CAJUN 2050 Travis Edition
    W/1991 JOHNSON GT200 VRO

12. Member

Re: 1991 CAJUN 2050 F/S W/ 1991 JOHNSON 225 (redneckfrank)

I NEED SOME INFO FOR WIRING DUAL BATTERIES,HAS A SWITCH FOR TEST BAT1 TEST BAT 2 2 TO 10 AMP CHARGE ETC,,NEED A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR ANY SYSTEM,,THANKS MIKE MIND A 21 FT 1984,,

13. Member
    Count me, Rajun Cajun 1995 130 johnson

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

14. Member

Re: Cajun owners sign in: (mrujoint)

I am a new Ricky Green owner, can you tell me wher I can get Reference material on the boat- gas capacity, Etc? thanks

15. Member

Re: 1991 CAJUN 2050 F/S W/ 1991 JOHNSON 225 (redneckfrank)

This might be the place to ask...what are the biggest models of the Cajun boat...and is there one model/style that performs better than the other??

I just on the market for my first boat and I am leaning towards a 1995+ Cajun. Your thoughts?

Thanks

Mike

16. Member

Re: 1991 CAJUN 2050 F/S W/ 1991 JOHNSON 225 (NoBoatBassman)

Cajun made several boats in the 19-20 foot class that I remember. I don't recall what they called them all though, sorry.

For "performance"; if you mean all round fishing performance, I'd say the Ricky Green Fishing Machine, and the Paul Elias Fishing Edition. They're 18.5 foot boats, rated for 185 hp, but they're hard to beat. In my humble opinion, they're the best bass boats ever built, especially the late 80's models, after they went to the composite transome's.

The RGFM is a "conventional" single console layout, while the PEFE had a full flipping deck, (8.5 feet of front deck) with enough storage to carry everything you'd ever need, and a bunch of junk you didn't. I was constantly taking out stuff that got put in "just in case".

17. Member

Re: Cajun owners sign in: (johnlhart)

John, if my old memory serves me right, the RGFM had a 30 gal gas tank. I had a Paul Elias that had two 18 gal tanks, and I was always ragging on my buddies RGFM because it's gas tank was smaller. It wasn't much I remember, so 30 gals is probably about right. It might make a difference what year model it was too, but I don't think so.

I doubt you can find any reference material. I used to hang around my dealers all the time, and I never saw anything like an owners manual, not even on the new boats I delivered to customers.

You've got a good one. I need a swift kick in the butt for getting rid of my Cajun.

18. Member

I'm the orignal owner of a 1982 Cajun Brute III. Has a 150 HP Johnson. Its 17 1/2' long and is a dual console. It has given me years of pleasure, my kids grew up fishing in it with me. But it is time to move on to a newer boat. I'm fixing it up to sell right now. Never had a mechanical breakdown, per se. I have had to clean out the water passages 3 times, putting new deflectors, etc. New power packs, solenoid, rectifier, etc. Now just put in new rings, its running good, and am breaking it in again! I put new carpet this year and I upgraded my Motorguide TM to the new digital mode and its good as new. I upgraded livewell pumps, bilgepumps and bought new lower profile windshields And its beginning to look sharp. Would make a great first tournament boat for somebody if anyone is interested. I also have the orginal brochure for the boat and motor and owners manual for the motor.

19. Member

Re: Cajun owners sign in: (luckyal)

Why get rid of it now? You got a "classic".

20. Member

I feel like a guppy here with just a 16 ft cajun / demon with a 75 hp mariner looks and runs great.I did have an onboard fire a few weeks ago but all is ok now

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast