BumbleBee settup question?

Im curious about the prop shaft setting on any of the 290's you guys own? Im doing some tweeking on my boat and am just curious what others with Bee's run. Ive got a 200 Optimax on mine turning a Tempest 45A-27p set at 2" below pad setting on a 10" jackplate.................boat runs great but I do get some blow out just as she breaks over on my holeshot. Im working through the chine walk at the moment..................................
    Last edited by Thermodude; 06-02-2015 at 12:11 PM.

2. Member
    2001 290 has 200 optimax with 25p and 10'' JP, ran 68 with wet transom and floor, will see shortly with new wood and glass.

3. Member
    Im thinking about trying a different prop on my boat the 27p Tempest works well but just dosnt seem to handle the way Id like for it to......................Im needing some help with this can anyone point me in the right direction? At this point Im kinda thinking 4 blade? Speed isnt an issue, of course I want what the boat will give me but I want control to go along with it.
    Last edited by Thermodude; 06-09-2015 at 11:16 AM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    Im thinking about trying a different prop on my boat the 27p Tempest works well but just dosnt seem to handle the way Id like for it to......................Im needing some help with this can anyone point me in the right direction? At this point Im kinda thinking 4 blade? Speed isnt an issue, of course I want what the boat will give me but I want control to go along with it.
    I looked in the archives and found my answer, Im going to try a 26 trophy

5. Member
    The furys are also working good on the bees

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    The furys are also working good on the bees
    Thanks man I appreciate it............................................foll ow up question, if I try a Trophy by going to a 4 blade should i drop to a 26 or stay with a 27P ?

7. Member
    I would think drop a pitch but you may have to drop 2 pitches to get your rpms were you want them.. But what are your rpms at wot with the 27 tempest? And also the furys are stiff so if you run a 26 trophy you will have to drop to a 25 fury.