Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR BUMBLE BEE!!!! (ThomasL)

ThomasL the 254 is smallest bee built last year 15'4" nice small boat rated for up to 75h.p. I know of 2 here in tenn. Stones River Marine in LaVergne has 1 with 75 Opti and Columbia Marine in Columbia,tn. Both are 2006 boats. Try them.

2. Member

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR BUMBLE BEE!!!! (Lancer6)

Lance 25' was Ricks brain child. Nice BayBoat but not good for this area spent ton of money on it and forgot what made bees, bass.

3. Member

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR BUMBLE BEE!!!! (THE WITCHDOCTOR)

Craig SORRY I guess you were in of the partners in this last deal always wondered how you new so much about things inside going on. I found out after I got call on closing from Trisha that there was partners in bee. Ron

4. Member

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR BUMBLE BEE!!!! (bbrep)

Wrong again... Not a partner... Just someone that had a somewhat connection to them....

Sorry about that Craig. I just made an assumption. (Open mouth and insert foot) Thank you for clearing that up

6. Moderator

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR BUMBLE BEE!!!! (ThomasL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ThomasL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Witchdoctor,are you familiar with the stinger and 254 models i speak of,the smaller 15 footer.I am looking toward this boat compared to a similar aluminum such as a alumacraft mv tex or lowe 160 model.I need a smaller lighter boat to fish 3-4 city lakes in the 50-250 acre size along with using it in normal lakes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

First let me start by saying I follow the Bee board and have several friends that own Bees. They are great handling boats and fish well. Some of the layouts don't suit me and in my opinion needed updating, but overall very good boats. So, I'm not trying to talk someone out of a Bee, just giving them another alternative other than an aluminum boat.

Thomas,

Take a look at the Stratos 176xt. It is a 17 1/2 foot fiberglass boat that is laid out great, has a lot of standard features you don't get on aluminum, and you can pick one up with a 50 horse Yammie for $12,995 ready to fish. Todd's got several at http://www.candomarine.com. He also has a new leftover 17' Bumble Bee w/ 115 that he really needs to move. It's listed under the 'Used' boats I believe. It's there because he doesn't carry Bee's, he just aquireed a couple when they purchased another dealership. Anyway, worth a look.
    Jason Phillips

7. Member

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR BUMBLE BEE!!!! (1niceStratos)

No problem Mike..... All is well in the neighborhood!!!!!!!!!!!

that there WITCHDOCTOR has 2 bee stingers coming out his draws.if i could i would get a new one now someplace and never worry about it.my baby now has been a gooden.

9. Member
    There very good boats.Ive heard some stuff in the last week about bee,but its all up in the air right now.

10. Member

Re: (bassworm1)

I hope they do make it back. Just returned from a small show in Nashville. Stones River displaying a 180 with the center rod box lay out. Very sweet looking rig. Front deck had the padding layer below the carpet andrecess for the foot control. Matching storage compartments on each side of the center rod box with the Plano box dividers molded in. On board charger, divided wells, Pro Air, two huge rear side compartments, and 40 Gallon fuel capacity. The only thing I didn't like was the bilge area deck lid. It appears to be 3 lids, but is actually one big lid with the side lids hinged to the bigger center lid. Fit and finish was excellent inside and out, not cheap looking in any of the storage area like some of the major brands.

All in all, a very sweet looking ride. I was extemely impressed. No doubt, this layout would give all others a good challenge with exposure. I would love to pull the trigger, but laying out those kinds of funds for a new rig, with no company to back it, doesn't sit well with me.

11. Member

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR BUMBLE BEE!!!! (idratherbfishin2008)

Sir,
    You're Right about a new owener and I know who is buying the company. I can't tell how I know but I do, I can't even tell you what part of the US I live in because that would give it away. I'm in the market for a new boat is Bumble Bee a good boat? I can't tell what boat I owen now because that would give it away. If you reply to this message I will give you my email address because if you're a Bumble Bee. I would like to find out more about the boat. I wish I could say more on this post,but I have to be carefull about what I post. I can tell you this you will be happy when you find out who the new buyer is.
    Regards,
    NOLEFAN!

12. Member

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR BUMBLE BEE!!!! (1rudebee)

Everyone keeps saying things about need to change up boat looks same for years . I don't believe that Bullet, Norris Craft, Allison, Blazer have changed in years. I will agree the 180 fx dash is ugly but it has a floating console so that is a cheap change. As far as change on rest of line up it would cost 50 to 100 grand on each model to retool. They only built 150 boats in 06 so just not posible to do major changes. As far as speed these boats with max h.p. on them willrun with the best of the "bass" boats. A 290 w/200 opti my boat 78.1gps 200 pro v 225 pro xs 77.2 gps and there is a 2100 w/ 300 yammie 83.4 so they do run. The 2100 on the cover of bass &waleye I set up after It came back it runs 73.1 gps with only a 225 pro xs take on of the major name 50 grand boats drop it down 50-75 h.p. below boats rated and see how it runs. Over the past 15 years I've ran and sold Stratos,Javelin, Blazer,Astro, &Bullet all are good boats best turning was a Javelin fastest the Bullet w/260 center horn modified 103 radar gun w/ 2 in boat. But the best over all is the 2100 in rough water it handels great run well even under powered and no stress cracks fit and finish very good. The price is lower than most with same features if some one wants a boat that will last and fish great Bumble Bee is the boat.

13. Member

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR BUMBLE BEE!!!! (nolefan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nolefan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
    Sir,
    You're Right about a new owener and I know who is buying the company. I can't tell how I know but I do, I can't even tell you what part of the US I live in because that would give it away. I'm in the market for a new boat is Bumble Bee a good boat? I can't tell what boat I owen now because that would give it away. If you reply to this message I will give you my email address because if you're a Bumble Bee. I would like to find out more about the boat. I wish I could say more on this post,but I have to be carefull about what I post. I can tell you this you will be happy when you find out who the new buyer is.
    Regards,
    NOLEFAN!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

007 out!!!

14. Multi-Species Boats/Ontario Club Moderator

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR BUMBLE BEE!!!! (nolefan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nolefan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
    Sir,
    Regards,
    NOLEFAN!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your profile says you live in Salt Lake City, so now we know where you live

15. Member

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR BUMBLE BEE!!!! (jigncraw)

We know his alias is nolefan too!

16. Member

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR BUMBLE BEE!!!! (EJP)

Maybe it,s Donnie Osmond ??

17. Multi-Species Boats/Ontario Club Moderator
    Must be Warrior Boats if it's that far north!!!

18. Member

Re: (jigncraw)

Could be. I checked the USCG list of boat manufacturers in UT and most are either out of business or kayak / pontoon / sailboat manufacturers.
    The conjecture is meaningless anyway. Might as well just wait for the truth from the Bee folks themselves.

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR BUMBLE BEE!!!! (bbrep)

It's been a while since I've been over here - Couldn't believe Bee is for sale again. Been to their plant about 6 times - great people. bbrep is right about the 2100. I've had one since 2002 - can't find a more comfortable boat to fish out of. Haven't talked to Trisha in about a year but can alway count on Witchdoctor to get the latest info - he also makes the best chicken in the world - can't wait to get some at the FB rally Doc.

20. Member

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR BUMBLE BEE!!!! (yellowbee)

Looking forward to it too Jack! I haven't talked to trish in a week or so, will try to call her today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast