Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hence my last sentence. I knew about your deal but not knowing specifics, I figured I'd let you comment on it. "Guarantee" was my choice of words. I don't think any boat builder could really guarantee anything performance wise. Maybe what I should've said is, Darris says there could be a much higher risk of it happening with a heavier engine. Something along them lines maybe? No disrespect catfish if it looks that way. I was just trying to explain it how I was told from someone that asked him directly.
    Jeff Brazil - Allison XB2003 - 225 Mercury Promax

2. Member
    No problem Jeff, and no disrespect here either. I understand fully what you were saying. In what we all do, there will always be an exception. That was me that morning. It took me 14 years of practice before I figured out how to do it.......................

Just glad you made it. Could've been real bad I'm sure. Any day and any time it could happen to any of us. The driving skills, the set-up, all things that go with an Allison is part of the fun and intrigue for me. I absolutely love mine every time I hit the water!
    Jeff Brazil - Allison XB2003 - 225 Mercury Promax

4. Member
    I wonder if the lip is part of the lift the rear to break free and spin around maybe that's why he doesn't like the lip removed. If the boat is supposed to hook and not barrel roll that kinda makes
    Sense

I know this is a 4 year old thread, but it will give 4 more years of experience of guys running 3l. On an 03. I have a highly modified 250xb motor on a 300 pm o/shore chassis. Individually weighed out sections of it weigh in @445lbs. 12" bobs hyd plate.removed 2" spacers from 14 as ran with 2.5l. 2 batts in stb. Storage and 1 in port storage. Center steer. And 40 lbs. Ballast on stb. Under stock gear shift area. Ran many diff. Props. Best fishing full load prop being a dbl. Cupped 27 trophy with allison cut down blades, probably a stiff 29p now. I built the boat for tourney fishing with 0-85mph intentions. It holeshots with no delay and hits 80 mph as fast as you can trim and i havent even added my coned TM, running a stock gen 1 that i assembled fresh. Obviously i wont attemt to go over 80 for safety reasons. Boat handles better than any 2.5 ever on it and will eat any 2.5 from holeshot to 85,cept maybe a 280.it cruises @ 20mph or 65-70 like a dream. I have no need for any allison add on planing aids. It has 100mph ez in it,with setup for that, i had a brand new 250 pro xs, but was nervous of it's weight back then,so,decided to cut weight on the lightest 3l. The 300pro max. No regrets other than my range is cut back with only a 25gal. Tank vs. A 225x. I read so many of these old threads that end with no answers,that i thought i'd chime in 4 yrs. Late.

6. Member
    Great information! When my 225x wears out , I may do something similar on my 03

I like my 3.0 on my 2003. Handles fine.

absolutely incorrect info,12" bobs hyd plate,250xb,with all mods,300x 20" and it sits no lower than a 2,5 promax,didn't even have to adjust my HB mega SI transducer,,
    Quote Originally Posted by TB21 View Post
    The added weight of the 3.0 amplifies the set back. 14" of set back on an 03 with a 3.0 and you'll have water on the back deck at rest would be my guess. And don't compare what works on your Bullet it's way different than an Allison. I'd like to hear your results if you do it because somewhere down the road I am going to build a XB2002 with a 3.0 Merc.
    Last edited by cajunrgfm; 09-04-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cajunrgfm; 09-05-2018 at 11:51 AM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TB21 View Post
    The added weight of the 3.0 amplifies the set back. 14" of set back on an 03 with a 3.0 and you'll have water on the back deck at rest would be my guess. And don't compare what works on your Bullet it's way different than an Allison. I'd like to hear your results if you do it because somewhere down the road I am going to build a XB2002 with a 3.0 Merc.
    This unfortunately isnt correct. When i Swapped to my 3.0 liter i was running 14" plus i also have 4 batteries in the back and i was not over the old cable steer holes in my 03. Now i will however say that since i have come down to 9" of set back the hole shot is a lot better ( this is as small as my current jackplate will collapse).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12