Thread: Digital trim ?

Question Digital trim ?

Ordered that digital trim sending unit for my 75 HP 4 stroke 2B072225.... Was out pokeing around today looking for the connections and can find none that are Black,Blue,Yellow
    photo 1(1).jpgphoto(1).jpgphoto.jpg What I did find is one connection with 8 prongs under the relays noted in the first picture
    And one connector with 6 prongs noted in the third picture which sits right next to where the Smartcraft cable plugs in. Neither of which had a thing plugged into.
    I have a feeling that I need a adapter/connector of some sorts to be able to use the digital trim limit kit. Then again I may have totally missed them. Didnt want to cut wire ties and such just for the fun of it. Any Idea's of where they may be and or part numbers to the adapter/connector

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Instructions are included in the kit- and should be followed.

I would not recommend cutting anything, or changing the configuration of ANY of the wiring, until such time as you have the kit (and it's instructions) in hand, to read and follow.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Instructions are included in the kit- and should be followed.

I would not recommend cutting anything, or changing the configuration of ANY of the wiring, until such time as you have the kit (and it's instructions) in hand, to read and follow.
    No sir, had no intentions of altering or cutting anything, especially not knowing much but these computerized motors. Just checking to make sure that everything is there and nothing else is needed to get it up and running. Nothing worse than having parts in hand and finding out there is something else needed.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    According to the recent Service Bulletin- that kit contains everything required to convert your engine from ANALOG trim (to Digital).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    According to the recent Service Bulletin- that kit contains everything required to convert your engine from ANALOG trim (to Digital).
    Thanks much