Triton 18xs setup help please!!

I have a new 2014 18xs with a 150 merc Optimax pro xs and a 6" high jacker z-lock plate. It chine walks at 56mph GPS and WOT trimmed up is 59mph but the chine is bad. I can control the chine but really didn't figure I'd have to deal with it in this boat. Smooth at 60mph was one of the reasons I bought this boat and chine usually starts in the low 60mph range. Here is my current factory setup. Please give info or advice if things need to be changed.

Motor mounted in 4th hole down
    pad to prop measurement is 4 1/8"
    21 pitch tempest ultra
    5700ish rpms WOT trimmed up

thought about raising jack plate height so motor is 3 1/2" but then would need a higher pitch 22 or 23 for rpms. Which is fine, I realize 60mph is about max speed but would like to get rid of chine if I could and get the best performance possible.

Thanks for the help!!

2. Banned
    Nonsense. I'm running 3 1/2" below pad with a 21 tempest plus. Yes, it chine walks. You need seat time to learn how to drive it. But I'll see around 59mph WOT now during the hot weather.

Thanks for the response. Like I said, I don't have a problem controlling the chine walk. I just thought my motor might be a little low and raising it where it needs to be may control the chine a little better. Plus I'm at pretty much max rpms where I'm sitting now. Figured when I raise the motor 3/4" or so might shoot my rpms way over rev limiter. Just lookin for the best performance.

4. Banned
    Raising it will put your rpms around 5900 which is fine for the proxs. If you fish a lot in the winter you would probably need to
    jump a pitch then to keep off the rev limiter but for now I think your fine with the 21p. Raise it a 1/2in and see if you lose speed or WP.

Thanks! I will give it a try and see what happens. I forgot to mention my water pressure is great and is 20 at WOT. I will be fishing a lot during the fall/winter months so I still may look into another prop. My buddy has a 23pitch I can try.

6. Banned
    You won't need the 23 yet but if you move up and your turning 5858-5950 then you'll need the larger pitch come November

7. Banned
    23p might be a little too aggressive. Try to find a 22p to test.

Thanks fellas! I should have access to a 22p here before long as well. I remeasured my pad to prop and I need to raise motor 5/8" to get to 3.5". Anxious to give it a try.