staying on plane

posted here and on the Triton page ....Ok guys , I bought this 04 tr21x , with a 04 250xs and I love the boat .. the only complaint I have so far is it requires so much speed to keep it on plane ... when I'm just cruising from one fishing spot to another , once I get up on plane I have to run quite a bit of speed or it sets back down in the rear .... i't annoying to say the least ...it has a 28 tempest plus, and has been from 2" to 3" below pad with no help at this low speed .. I dont care about max speed , (we're fishin' not racin')... 4 class 31 batteries, livewells full and loaded for tournaments ...looking for prop help.... Trophy/fury 4 / Bravo 1 xs .. ?? ive had triton guys tell me the Bravo wont trailer good/ and is a handful to drive /chinewalks bad , while others say it drives great . I've heard similar about the fury 4 ..full speed /no chine/ hands off the wheel ... then another that says chinewalks bad / out of control ... etc .... alot of differing opinions make it had to chose . and no boat dealers around here to TRY a prop from before buying ... Obviously I want a prop that will keep me up on plane at slower speeds , provides a great holeshot and has the holes for tuning the holeshot ..and helps with chinewalk ..... lol

im looking at maybe

Bravo 1 XS in a 27P ?
    Fury 4 in a 26P ?
    Trophy in a 26 or 27P ?

am I close ?? which would / DO you run and why ??

2. Member
    On my TR 196, the prop that was the best at all you want was the Rev 4 but the max pitch is 25" I think.

26 or 28p regular Bravo 1 with a full flared barrel. Have Mark drill dual pvs holes and add tip cup. It will do what you want.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    26 or 28p regular Bravo 1 with a full flared barrel. Have Mark drill dual pvs holes and add tip cup. It will do what you want.

I was hoping to find one that already had the holes . but if the one you suggest will be better I can have him drill some , if I can find one of those older props around

It doesn’t have to be older, they are still made brand new

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    It doesn’t have to be older, they are still made brand new

Ok great . thank you very much ... 2 more tournaments and I will be selling this 28 tempest Plus , its awesome when light , but too much prop when loaded HEAVY ..
    Last edited by blockzilla; 09-14-2021 at 06:15 PM.