Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fuel tank selector valve

my valve has broken and blazer no longer offers one. i talked with my dealer and told him i did not want to lift rear lid just to change tanks. they are going to put a "t" inplace of valve so it will draw off both tanks. he also said the lines will be of equal legnth to make sure they draw evenly. my question is " will this work?"
    2018 Skeeter FX20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member

Re: fuel tank selector valve (ccole)

good question.my valve also failed.i have been running with a "T" for a couple of months & have not had any problems,but i would really like to replace with some sort of vale if anybody has any idea what kind & where best place to mount.a lot of blazer owners as well as other brand owners are having this problem from what i hear & read.

3. Member

Re: fuel tank selector valve (GEORGIA BASSIN)

as long as it works and has no problems i would rather run it so it pulls off both tanks . if you have been running for a couple of months hopefully everything should be fine. thanks for the info!
    2018 Skeeter FX20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member

yea no problems but i also have never run my tanks until empty.i am told this could cause problems if one tank empties a little quicker then the other after getting low on gas.

5. Member

My old stratos 201 has a three way valve mount from the factory.Handler was on top of the back deck will the value under the deck and it still workingon a 1988 year. the hose's goe's to both tank's just change old hose's out. C&o has them on there (edit) sight or post under (FUEL ACCESSORIES) tempo marine three way valve for $25.49 gave Todd a call at C&O MARINE it onl'y gas

6. "That dude" at the ramp colreb2000's Avatar

I've been runnin a T-valve since the early summer when mine broke....seems to be workin.

7. Member

Re: fuel tank selector valve (colreb2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by colreb2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've been runnin a T-valve since the early summer when mine broke....seems to be workin.</TD></TR></TABLE>are you running a plastic or brass tee?

8. Member

thanks for all the info guys , run it today and it did fine. also it is brass.
    2018 Skeeter FX20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

9. "That dude" at the ramp colreb2000's Avatar

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GEORGIA BASSIN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you running a plastic or brass tee?
    </TD></TR></TABLE>

Its a plastic/composite one I picked up at a Marine store. Do ya think I need to go to brass?

10. Member

Using a tee puts stress on the fuel pump as it isn't designed to draw from two tanks which causes too much lift. My selector froze once and broke the plastic lever. I realized that the rubber "o" rings will swell in gasoline. I replaced them with teflon "o"rings and it works great. Why did they put rubber "o" rings in the stupid thing.

11. Member

Re: fuel tank selector valve (sdphillips)

Guys, one thing to warn about with using a tee fitting, or leaving the valve set to draw from both tanks. If you ever have to park your boat on a hill (side-to-side) the lower tank can siphon the fuel from the higher tank, and if it reaches full level it will leak fuel out of the vent for the lower tank. You have no control with a tee, but with a valve you can set it for single draw and it will break the siphon. I know this from experience. Parked in the only spot I could, went in to eat, came out and gas was pouring down the rear of the boat. Could have been real bad.

12. Member

I know something else that works instead of a tee when you have a broken selector valve. Get a truck electric tank selector valve. It works great and is all electric.

13. Member

Re: fuel tank selector valve (colreb2000)

The arm on my valve is broken too.

My question to you guys running the "T" is... What happens if you run one tank out of gas? Does that side suck air into the motor? Do you fill your tanks equally all the time?

It would stink not being able to manually play with weight distribution based off the size of your co-angler, but what stinks more is switching the valve by hand. I sure wish someone could find a replacement...

- d-nort
    \'04 210 Blazer/ 250 HAMMER!

14. Member

The newer models have a selector switch in the back compartment that allows you to draw from and individual tank or both tanks. I would order one of these and install it. I hated the selector on my 2002. You could only draw from one side or the other. When i fish tourney's I like to pull from both tanks keeping the balance even on the boat.

15. Member

Re: fuel tank selector valve (GE Blazer)

Greg I have the selector in the back compartment on mine and when I put it on dual it draws way more if not all from the starboard tank. Definately doesn't draw evenly from each tank.

16. Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GE Blazer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The newer models have a selector switch in the back compartment that allows you to draw from and individual tank or both tanks. I would order one of these and install it. I hated the selector on my 2002. You could only draw from one side or the other. When i fish tourney's I like to pull from both tanks keeping the balance even on the boat.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Greg where can i get one of those? My plastic selector just broke.

17. Member

Re: fuel tank selector valve (blazr21)

You may can do a search and find one on the net, but blazer should have them there.

18. Banned

Greg thanks for the input. this is what broke on me.

19. Member

can anyone post a picture of new style valve & how it mounts?

this is like the one in my Skeeter.

http://www.westmarine.com/weba...um=90

"Don't be afraid to see what you see."
    Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast