Thread: Chine Walk

Chine Walk

Picked up a used 202 the other day and took it out today. When the boat gets to the mid 60's it gets very bad chine walk. I have had a ranger and a champion and never had this much problems ( but they both topped out in the mid 60's ). I'm sure with a little seat time in the boat I can figure it out but was curious if that is normal for Blazers or do I have a set up problem. I ran the boat up to 72 at one point and had 18 psi on guage. I am running a 27m but also have a TXP for GE that I haven't tried yet.

I was by my self with both tanks full so I realize weight on the othe side would help. Have 2 batteries in boat and both on left side

2002 202 pro v
    2001 225 Vmax
    27M prop
    15 Rapid Jack

2. Member

Re: Chine Walk (jaybo)

Most performance hulls will chine walk. Just try and balance your load and seat time will take care of the rest.

3. Member

Re: Chine Walk (Mark Godman)

Measure you're prop shaft height,usually on a blazer if it's lower than 1 1/2 below the pad it'll walk quite a bit,also if you have slick calm conditions it may walk also.

Re: Chine Walk (Blazinbyu)

Will measure it and see I put the txp on tonight and will raise motor since I still have good water pressure.

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar

Your propshaft height with that set up should be anywhere from 1.5 to .5 in below the pad. Try to keep you water pressure around 12 psi at WOT. Biggest thing that anyone can tell you about chinewalk, being that you have been running Champs and Rangers is seat time, seat time, and more seat time.

6. Member

Re: Chine Walk (Rebel1)

Make sure all the bolts holding the motor in place and jackplate to Hull bolts are tight. Check all the nuts on the steering at the motor as well. If all is well with these then get out on the water and drive it and very soon you will say what chinewalk....The boat will require corrections to the steering wheel to balance it on the pad , don,t trim up too much at first ,until you feel confident, but after about one tank of fuel you will not even notice that you have to make these corrections as they will become second nature...

Throw that 27M away, get a 27 T1 or the TXP, set propshaft to 1 inch below and go out and just drive it and get some seat time.

P&J FISHING ENTERPRISES
    \"HIGH PERFORMANCE FISHING\"

"How fast do you want to go?"
    [I]Blazer 202 DC - 300 Hammer

8. Member

I have the same boat you have ,with the same problems. I had to raise my propshaft to 1/2" above pad.My motor is a 250 yam. with a bobs nose cone.I also had my prop balenced.Now the boat handles great and its running almost 84 gps now. IF YOURS DOES NOT HAVE A BOBS YOU CAN ONLY GO UP AS FAR AS YOUR WATER PRESSURE WILL LET YOU, AT LEAST 15 PSI

Re: Chine Walk (txbassman111)

Ran it today with the TXP and motor set a 1 1/2" below pad. Did alot better once I got the nose trimmed way up. Still had 18 psi water pressure may raise another click or two and see what it does.

Dude raise the engine to 1" below! You will not have to run bow high with that hull...they run better with a little positive trim and running flat...

P&J FISHING ENTERPRISES

Re: Chine Walk (Vyper202)

Will Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vyper got the motor at 3/4" below and boat drives great but at 73 mph the boat seem to surge slightly and stop gaining speed only turning 5400 at that point I know with the 27 txp that I am running and a light load the boat has more I think the prop may be losing it's bite. May drop it back down 1/4" and retest. Still had good water pressure 18psig unless I was in a turn.

What RPMs had it been turning? Like to see it around 6000...

P&J FISHING ENTERPRISES

Re: Chine Walk (Vyper202)

Don't know that was the first time I got it up to that speed. LIke I said I just bought boat. Fell like prop was losing bite but didn't notice change in rpm's on tach. Once boat hit 70 it didnt seem to pull very hard.

Sent you a P.M

P&J FISHING ENTERPRISES