Ranger RT Series w/ Kick n Bass Sonar Brackets!!!

Check it out guys. I gotta give a special thanks to Randy Kuhens aka Kick'n Bass! Just got back from taking his Sonar Class in Benton KY and I HIGHLY recommend it! Randy makes understanding the Lowrance Units way easier than if I tried to learn it on my own! Even if you have been using your units for a while, you will get a lot out of his on the water class! Guys, if you want to learn how to use your units, go take Randy's Kuhen's class. Its some of the best money you'll spend. Go over to his website and check out his Sonar Classes and his Sonar Brackets!!
    Also, thanks to the guys at Bass N' Gas in Benton KY who also installed my units. If you want your electronics installed right, go see them! The guys at Bass N Gas will do it right!!
    And last but certainly not least, you gotta check out Randy's Kick'n Bass Sonar Brackets! I went with the Console Mount and the Bow Mount. These brackets are ROCK SOLID and put your unit in the perfect viewing angle! In my opinion, its much easier to see and work with compared to flush mounting!!!!!
    Here are the pictures of the my Ranger RT setup. HDS 9 Touch on the Console, HDS 7 Touch on the bow, Point 1, and Kick'n Bass Sonar Brackets.
    P1010889 copy.jpgP1010893 copy.jpgP1010897 copy.jpgHDS 9 T RT 178.jpgBMSB HDS 7 RT 178.jpg

Randy offers alot of nice products and he knows his stuff on using these units to. Very nice install I like that style of mount on the console the viewing angle is much better.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

It would block the gauges but I'd love one of those side by side mounts you see on the glass rangers over the wheel. Gimme a reason to go find another 998 or 999 lol

4. Member
    hey basscatcher98 how loud is your boat without carpet? If I get a new rt 188 I am seriously thinking no carpet now that they offer that without the camo package.
    Last edited by beebow; 08-16-2014 at 10:27 AM.

It will make a racket if your not paying attention and slam the lids. Especially the gas shocks on the rod locker will grab it and make some noise on the way down. Its not bad when running though you dont get the rattling and stuff. I'm going to take some weather stripping when I get her back and run it along all compartments to dull the noise down some more.

6. Member
    That's a good idea. Hope u get it back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    It would block the gauges but I'd love one of those side by side mounts you see on the glass rangers over the wheel. Gimme a reason to go find another 998 or 999 lol
    If you went up higher side by side would it clear the gauges? The 800-900 birds are not as tall as they are wide that would look totally badass with duals like that tho.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

8. Member
    The HDS 9 Touch fits perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    If you went up higher side by side would it clear the gauges? The 800-900 birds are not as tall as they are wide that would look totally badass with duals like that tho.
    Im thinking something up lol

Idk how tall you are but for me I could still see even if the units were higher than the windshield. Alot of the units you see on the glass rigs are rigged up pretty high above the console.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

11. Member
    Nice work on the console mount

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I think they look great! For once I’m glad I’m an average 5’10” 180lb dude cause I don’t have to worry about fitting!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV