Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by otrdriver2002 View Post
    Just like all locks they are made and used to keep out the lazy,in a hurry thug. Your not going keep a real thug out
    Yep, they already have a key!

bolt.jpg

2. Member
    I’m building one for my back deck

Loc R Bar has a steel plate cross you put on that covers other compartment lids

I built on out of 3”x1/2” tho aluminum

im going to instal on rear deck so bar secures storage lockers and flat bar cross secures battery compartment

doing it because I just put $2000 worth of lithium batteries

thief’s look for quick easy scores

i am a believe in Loc R Bars audio alarm security lock

guy tried to get in my front lockers
    it went off and they ran

hotel guy was smoking outside, heard it, stepped around column, saw guy, got make and model of get away car, called police, they caught him with bolt cutters in car 7 blocks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
    I'd be intersted in a set of the end brackets as well. Name a price!
    You guys that are looking for the end fittings, this is a friend of mine who made some custom ones for me and should still have the file for them. Send him a message, tell him Mitch sent you and see if he can make you a pair. Check out some of the other custom stuff he makes, they're AWESOME !!!

https://www.mtmartmetal.com/
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    Talked to Mt mart metals they said what they did for you was one off custom. And they only offer a cover plate for same reason they made one for you.

so no go there

I’m looking to make 2 lock bars outta of SS tubes 1” and 3/4” with a 2” flat 12-18” to prevent boxes being open.

without brackets cost will be around $200 if I get T-H marines brackets it’ll add $120-150 to cost in the search for another opt but not much to speak of yet

6. Member
    Bought the brackets and made my own bar. mine is built a bit on the heavy side. Wish I would have went a little lighter. Only use mine for out of town overnight trips.

7. BBC LifeTimeMember jimb175nc's Avatar
    Would a hacksaw cut the bar into?
    something smells

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb175nc View Post
    With battery operated saws-all, nobody uses hacksaws to cut anything to steal any more. Remember, any locks or alarms are only good to keep honest people honest, since low life losers are not going to care if they need to slide a chain under it to rip it out causing multiple thousands of dollars of damage to your stuff.
    Best thing to do, if you have the fortitude in your stones to do it and the opportunity presents itself, take them out to improve the intelligence and gene pool.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    With battery operated saws-all, nobody uses hacksaws to cut anything to steal any more. Remember, any locks or alarms are only good to keep honest people honest, since low life losers are not going to care if they need to slide a chain under it to rip it out causing multiple thousands of dollars of damage to your stuff.
    Best thing to do, if you have the fortitude in your stones to do it and the opportunity presents itself, take them out to improve the intelligence and gene pool.
    I heard of a bunch of guys that had their bars ripped off by using the winch on the boat trailer. Thief’s don’t care how much damage they do.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob461 View Post
    I heard of a bunch of guys that had their bars ripped off by using the winch on the boat trailer. Thief’s don’t care how much damage they do.
    Very good point.

11. Member
    Looks very good great job
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

12. Member
    A very nice job. None of these will stop someone who wants in. The key is they will pass over your boat for an easier target. It takes the same amount of time to defeat a hollow tube or a solid steel tube. The question is how much damage to your boat do you want. If they pick your boat they will make bigger mess with the solid steel bar.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb175nc View Post
    . Why in the world would you cut the stainless bar. Why not just take your hacksaw or saw all and cut the fiberglass and the bar pops right out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12