Minn Kota 220 Charger

I posted this on Walleye Central, but I think I'll have better luck with the Bass crowd :)

I have Minn Kota 220 that is not under warranty but needs a simple repair. The cord, thermistor and fuse need to be replaced, but Minn Kota will not tell me what Thermistor they use (apparently confidential) and will not sell me a new one. (I would be willing to pay $50 for a cord that incorporates fuse and thermistor).
    Can anyone that has taken the Thermistor off tell me what number is on it. Mine says TTC 2(next numbers are scratched out).

I'm almost certain it is a 10,000 ohm NTC, but the number would tell me which one. If I dont get the info I need, I'm going to just try any 10,000 ohm thermistor.

What inline fuse do they use for the positive lead. I'm guessing 12.5 since it is a 10 amp bank?

Minn Kota customer service calls this a "unserviceable part". However, this is incorrect, it is rather "a part we choose not to service." But now I'm just gripping. She was helpful enough to give me two easy solutions, buy a new unit or go without a charger. I just spent $2600 on Johnson Outdoor products this week, but I'm not allowed to know what 10 cent thermistor they use. I'm done griping for now

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I would tap into the wires with pins or sharp probes on the good lead and measure the resistance of the thermistor in that lead. I'd guess a 10K too. I have a set of probes that are sharp enough to penetrate the insulation on a wire, and they are pretty handy for things like that. You can patch the holes with a dot of liquid electrical tape when you are done. Keep in mind that the resistance varies about 500Ohms per 2 degrees F, so at 85 a 10K thermistor will be about 8000Ohms and and 65 it will be about 13500Ohms.

To verify that it is a bad thermistor, clip a 10K resistor into the lead and see if the charger works. Voltage will be slightly off unless it happens to be exactly 77F, but it will tell you if you have another failure in the charger.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​